RYTM as a plugin drum machine using Overbridge and Ableton

Hello - I’m probably being dim but I’m trying to work out how to use the RYTM as a kind of plug in drum machine. So I know you can use the RYTM via different midi channels if you’re using it via USB but I can’t work out how to do it using Overbridge. It responds ok but to the kick channel only, and over the one octave. Normally you’d them change the channel to get a different sound but I can see no way to do this with a plugin track in Ableton.

Bottom line, is there a way to use the RYTM like as if it were a plug in drum box with a different sound on a different key?

I think this is right.
The lowest notes (in your piano roll) of any channel, should trigger all pads.

1 Like

I use a max for live instrument that I downloaded, I cant seem to find the download on the new forum so here is a rar file with the attached Rytm template. Rytm instrument rack.rar (1.0 MB)

You may need to figure it out a bit, but I can tell you this much. You use it with Overbridge and be sure to assign all the correct midi and audio channels to there matching inputs. Once you have setup an 8 channel template(create eight additional tracks for Overbridge), you can save it as an Ableton set and then just load up or drag to an arrangement.

3 Likes

Thanks all. Yes I think M4L holds the key, it seems odd there’s no OB mode where the kits are spread across the keys sequentially like a regular drum program on a synth. Oh well.