Rytm & OT noob Question

Really curious about one thing i couldn’t figure out from skipping through the manuals jet.
I really like recording drums & samples on the OT and Rytm live using the [rec]+[play] function. When i‘m in my studio programming those beats i often need multiple takes to get the drums/samples played the way i want them to sound.
What i currently do is hit [rec]+[play] and give it a take. When i‘m unsatisfied with the results i go into the sequencer and remove all the trigs and start recording another take. I wondered if there‘s a trick or button combo to do this easier (clear sequence or kind of undo function) without having to remove trigs 1 by 1 in the sequencer?

I hope you can help me out. Thanks a lot!

From the :elot: manual…

2.9.2 PATTERN CLEAR
Clearing a pattern will remove all trigs from all tracks. Before performing a pattern clear operation, make sure you are not in GRID RECORDING mode.
Select the pattern you want to clear. Press and hold [FUNC]. Then press [PLAY] to clear the pattern. A message “CLEAR PATTERN” will be shown in the display.
The clear pattern operation can be undone by pressing [FUNC] + [PLAY] directly after it has been per- formed. A message saying “UNDO PATTERN“ will be shown in the display.

3 Likes

Also…

12.9.4 TRACK CLEAR
Clearing a track will remove all trigs from the active track. Before performing a track clear operation, make sure you are in GRID RECORDING mode.
When you have selected the track you wish to clear, press [FUNC] + [PLAY] to clear the track. The mes- sage “CLEAR TRACK TRIGS” will appear.
The clear track operation can be undone by pressing [FUNC] + [PLAY] directly after it has been per- formed. The message “UNDO TRACK TRIGS” will be shown in the display.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!
Funny i couldn‘t figure this out after working with this device for almost a year.