Sad day for Star Trek fans

R.I.P.

sad news indeed, RIP

No way!!! RIP

Sad shit indeed. :frowning:

RIP - here is my dedication to him, I did it about 18months ago and was not going to release it but I put it up for 24hrs only https://soundcloud.com/daren-ager/octatrack-darenager-pursuits

Very sad. Had heard he was hospitalised a day or so back and that it wasn’t looking good.

My favourite Nimoy moments:
[ul]
[li]Wrath of Khan (obviously!)[/li]
[li]Voicing Galvatron in one of my boyhood favourite movies - Transformers: The Movie[/li]
[li]Voicing the Civilization cutscenes which just added to an already incredible game[/li]
[li]His appearances in Fringe[/li]
[/ul]

Anyway, Kirk’s speech from WoK is probably just as fitting for Nimoy as it was for Spock!

We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most… human.

Don’t they extract some of his DNA to put in a replicator 500 years from now.?
The first STAR-TREKs are still the best ( and the funniest ) - I read somewhere that the sound of there opening doors ( a wonderful FUIt ! ) was made witch a tire-pump for bycicles !? ! ? …

• Well Spockie - for the last frontiere after-all … travel well and prosper