Same kit on different pattern = different sounds?

Recently purchased an Analog Rytm Mk2. Really fun device. Trying to wrap my head around a few things.

What I’m trying to achieve:

Each pattern in my project (A1, A2, A3, etc) is a separate drum loop that is comprised of the same kit

Change from pattern to pattern without having the kit sounds change

What I’m running into:

I have a fresh project with 2 simple patterns on A1 and A2.

Made some cool sounds while working on pattern A1 and saved collectively as kit.

Then went to A2 and loaded the same kit to continue my beat. Made an arrangement. Then decided I wanted to tweak my kick drum quite a bit.

Saved the kick drum edits as a new sound and also have saved that to the kit

Was expecting to be able to go back to A1, reload the kit from A2 and have the same kick drum sound. But that’s not what’s happening. Its the first kick drum sound I was initially experimenting which is wildly different even though I I’m overwriting it with the same kit from A2.

If anyone could offer some insight/expertise as to how to resolve the issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Figured out the cause in case anyone is running into this as well.

The kick drum sound difference issue between A1 and A2 was resolved by

Select pattern A1
Select Kick drum
TRIG button on right hand side
Turn off ENV

Now the kick sounds the same between A1 and A2

Not sure at this point what parameters are transferred/overwritten when copying kits. If anyone could shed light on that for my knowledge that would be great as well!

Trig parameters belong to (and are saved with) the pattern, not to the kit (manual p. 43). I struggled a bit to understand what exactly is saved with what, but the manual lays it out quite explicitly.