Sample Chains Vol.1 by LØSTLVLS (FREE!)

To celebrate the release of the Digitakt 1.50 firmware update, here’s a collection of five free sample chains to throw into a Slice machine and go crazy!

These sample chains are presented all in 16-bit, 48kHz mono format, in order to work best with the Digitakt. They can however be loaded into any sampler which supports slicing, and will be particularly useful where a sample can be auto-chopped by region, ie 64 or 32, depending on the amount of samples in the chain. The amount of samples in the chain is indicated at the end of the name of the sample chain – for example, ‘Chord Chain 64’ suggests that the sample chain contains 64 slices of various chords.

Here is a description of the various chains, a little bit of background on each one and intended use cases:

Prodigal Chain 64
This is a very special chain of 64 sounds from one of the greatest dance music acts, whose late frontman was known for his spiky, vividly-coloured hair. These sounds were created via modern means of stem extraction, where songs are run through an algorithm which separates the various instrument stems. If you wish to know the specific songs these were sampled from, feel free to reach out to me.

Rave Chain 64
Another special chain – this one is a collection of 64 sounds from the classic Rave Generator 2 VST, and as such is perfect for those classic rave sounds we know and love. For more information on Rave Generator 2, check out Free Plugin - Rave Generator 2 from Wavosaur - Studio Slave.

Chord Chain 64
This is a chain of 64 chords recorded from various synths, over the years. I cannot recall which synths these were, I tend to sample loads of sounds from synths when I get them and I wasn’t always as efficient at naming and categorising as I am now! As there are 64 slices, they are short, ‘stab’ like sounds, which may be great for the music you are making. However, I recommend playing these at lower pitch (an octave down for example) which will result in longer chords. Modulate these with the LFOs and add reverb/delay!

Fractal Chain 64
This is a chain of 64 short, mainly percussive sounds from the iOS app, Fractal Bits, which I highly recommend as an endless source of weird and glitchy sounds. I recommend placing notes on the Digitakt grid and applying random locks for all sorts of inspiration.

Model D SCWs 64
This is a chain of 64 single-cycle waveforms from the Moog Model D synthesiser. This is an efficient way to have lots of monosynth timbres in your music while having a tiny file size. For more information on single-cycle waveforms, consider visiting Using Single-Cycle Waveforms in Hardware Samplers and | Reverb News.

Happy music-making!
Robbie/LØSTLVLS

35 Likes

I seem to be doing something wrong. I can get the demo song in a zip file, but where are the sample chains?

1 Like

I also seem to have downloaded the preview? thanks by the way @Claid right charitable thing to do here, really appreciate your willingness to share

2 Likes

I too have come away chainless. But I’m sure things will be all fixed up shortly.

Sorry guys, there seems to be an issue… I attached the zip which should have the chains in along with a picture and a PDF, but it’s not showing? I’m out now but will be back in an hour or so, sorry for the hassle!! It’s a new format for me, consider it teething issues!

2 Likes

Hey no hard feelings :0) But the only things currently to be found in the downloaded folder are the cover jpeg and the preview wav. No need to hurry (at least not as far as I’m concerned), enjoy the Saturday!

1 Like

The link to the files is here - Dropbox - Sample Chains Vol. 1.zip - Simplify your life

Will pop it here in the meantime until I get home!

On my third beer and a mezcal - technical difficulties;

9 Likes

Thank you for the Dropbox link and the chains, and don’t worry about the technical glitches. It’s the weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m a creature of habit and this pack is a little different, clearly the process has gone a little awry somewhere but regular service will resume shortly. :smiley:

Once you get the files, let me know if there are any issues and I will fix ASAP. I’ve been loving the chord and the Fractal Bits ones in my Digitakt, so much fun. Elektron rock my socks.

5 Likes

Sorry for the wait, I just managed to get online to check and I forgot to re-attach the file after I’d amended it. Should be on there now!!

3 Likes

don’t apologize for doing people a favor, just say “it was too bright in here and I forgot my shades.”

:cool:

2 Likes

@Claid Thanks for your Soundpack! Really looking forward to use the Sample Chains in my DT.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Playing around with sounds of your pack and they are really enjoyable :boom: :boom: :boom:. Thanks so much for all the work and effort put into it :100: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks @claid!! Another banger of a pack! The fractal chain is already in heavy rotation and that Model D chain will likely handle 90% or more of my Digitakt basslines for the foreseeable future. I’ll get into the others more as the need presents itself but they sound great and are well curated too.

2 Likes

Glad to be of service! The Model D one is super flexible and the Fractal Bits one gets so random with the slice locks but has some surprisingly solid kick drums.

Thanks for sharing these, I’m sure I’ll lose a few hours playing about with them! :smiley:

1 Like

Absolut Legend! thank you

1 Like

Amazing work mate! Thanks for this!

1 Like

This are hot! Thank you. Are you planning to do a paid version? I’ll buy it!

1 Like

Thanks! Considering putting percussion, chords and melodic stuff in separate packs. These little chain ones I’m happy with offering for pay-what-you-want. :slight_smile:

3 Likes