Sample format confusion

I’m having trouble loading my own samples to the MDUW. I can successfully load a handful of samples I purchased, which are in SDS format, however, anytime I try to upload WAV files, the MD either gives me an “error wrong packet” message or just doesn’t acknowledge them at all. I’ve also tried selecting the WAV file in C6 and clicking the “DigiPRO” button, which changes the file extension to .syx and the “type” to MM, but that’s not helping.

Do I need to convert these files to SDS, and if so, how?

Nobody?? :confused:

Do not use the Monomachine settings if you want to transfer files to the MD.

Are you using the latest version of C6?

Follow the instructions given in the C6 manual.

Are you using some special format of WAV file?

Could be your midi cables - also are you using the ‘handshake’ and ‘turbo’ methods?

Also experiment with the delay settings - that has helped me before.

Finally got this to work. Seems the trick was to disable the “Extended SDS” option on the C6 configure page, which I noticed in the C6 manual is only for Analog Rytm.

The one thing I’m still confounded by is how slow the transfer is. I don’t have the TM-1/turbo, but does 1.5 minutes to transfer a 10K sample seem right?

Yes. midi sample transfer is super slow - even with the turbo option it still sucks.
Consider if you really want to do this, or figure out a way to sample using the inputs (should be fairly easy to automate w/ another sequencer and will probably take as much time). Or just really go ahead and lay out what you want on the machine, and make a night/weekend of loading it up and waaaaaaiiiiitttttiiiiiinnnnnngggg.