Sample playback weird after upload

Hi guys,

my digitakt just arrived and i seem too dumb to handle samples on that machine. I uploaded a longer vocal sample from loopcloud to my digitakt and when i play this sample after putting it on a track, it is just a millisecond of sound glibberish and thats it. What am i doing wrong? I created a video to demonstrate the issue. This millisecond sound is not very loud so you cant hear it in the video.

Also the cursor moves very unsmoothly which is weird. I dont have any of those problems with the preinstalled samples of course. I also uploaded via Elektron Transfer without any difference. I am on latest 1.5.0 firmware.

See the video here:

Pretty sure i must have missed something basic.

Marc

Hmmm. I just put that vocal sample to a different track and there it worked. The other track i used before was of course already modified by the demo patterns which i just use to play around. So it seems there is something on the track, which destroys my sample :wink: Now i need to figure out what exactly.

Sounds like you need to clear the track before adding a sample to it, or make a new project for your work which will have initialised patterns. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Clearing the track parameters did the trick. Weird though that i couldnt find the parameter in the first place which did that to my sample :slight_smile:

This machine is a beast to understand, even with my background as programmer.

Could have been an LFO.

1 Like

Yep, one of the two LFOs sounds like it could be the culprit.

Yeah. Pretty sure now that i played with those LFOs and their destinations. But cant say for sure because i cleared the params. Those new v1.5 sample werp functions together with LFO is quite mind bending stuff.