Samples get destroyed after upload to DT

Hey,

I just formatted my +Drive for a fresh start with the Digitakt.

Now, this is what happens to a lot of my samples after uploading them with the Transfer app:

Does anybody have an idea what is going wrong? Thanks a lot!

Digitakt OS Version: 1.21
Transfer Version: 1.2.2.9

That sample looks completely clipped in the transfer app, does it also sound clipped when you play it on the Digitakt?

Exactly, unfortunately it sounds like it looks…

I have seen this before, usually happens when I send a bunch of samples and only some are affected, just remove them then resend.

Maybe a new bug ?
Or
I’d try renaming the folder to remove the space and colon. Maybe that folder / naming convention is doing some weirdness ?

Did u turn it off for a little while / turn it back on ? Maybe the same file existed pre-wiping and it’s getting a little confused.

That’s unfortunate :confused:

This seems to be data corruption, I would advise to check the USB connection and try another cable.

Oh, I’m trying to upload a whole library of 890 MB at once and about 50% of the samples are affected. That would be a lot of work… :frowning:

Also, make sure you set the Digitakt to USB MIDI only and check if no other applications are sending any midi.

Is just upload in 100 meg chunks , not 800 + Meg.

2 Likes

If you transfer library’s that large, try doing it in smaller chunks.
That way, you only have to resend the last chunk if something goes wrong.

1 Like

Yeah send in smaller chunks, see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Tried out everything – small chunks, another cable directly plugged into my Mac (without Hub), even tried Elk-Herd instead of Transfer – but no success so far. Still, 10-20 % of the files are corrupted after the upload.

I’ll continue tomorrow. It’s no option to check all the samples manually so I’ll continue looking for a stable upload option. I’d be happy about any further ideas. Thanks!

I had this same issue, it’s a known bug in the latest version of the OS and Transfer app with macOS Big Sur/ M1. If you reach out to Elektron, they should be able to hook you up with beta versions of the above that fixed the issue for me.

2 Likes

Anyone know if this is still an issue in the latest firmware? I just had this happen to me when transferring using an Intel Mac on Big Sur. Are there other possible causes? Ie could I just be doing something wrong?

My samples look the same — with random parts of them filled with static. Most of my longer samples (anything more than a couple seconds) have at least a small issue.

See the post above yours. Seems they’re aware it’s a bug. Contact Elektron support.

I’ve had this happen also. The solution I found was to batch convert the files and reduce them by 2db. After that no issues.

1 Like

Try the newest software. I remember having this problem, but last time I copied loads of file to the DT (last week, latest OS and transfer) I had no issues.

1 Like

For me it finally worked with a shorter USB cable and the DT sitting directly next to the Mac.