Saving Kits vs Snapshots - Work flow

my apologies for a repeated topic…
Just still trying to get the +Drive work flow down.

I’ve lost some nice patterns recently, because of not saving my Snapshot before I switch to a new one. My fault - totally.
Just to be safe - can you guys tell me if these rules are correct?

1 - Make a change to a kit… Save the kit, if you want to keep them, before going to a different pattern/kit.

2 - Edit a pattern in Snapshot A. No need to “save” snapshot before turning MD off - as long as you remain in Snapshot A.

3 - Edit a pattern in Snapshot A. Save Snapshot A before switching to Snapshot B. (Via Global +Drive menu area)

4 - Quick Mode. It’s best to keep it as “CHANGE” because when switching Snapshots, it will save everything to Snapshot A before switching to Snapshot B.

I think that’s it…
I’m now just worried to freely change my snapshots - in fear of losing my work again. So, if you have a moment… Are these assumptions correct?

Yes, these are correct. I usually save yet another backup version of the snap I’m working on at another location just in case I lose work. Kinda anal I know :wink: but it saves me grief on occasion.

Speaking of grief, we’ve all been there while learning the plus drive and the MD generally … it’s more or less a rite of passage to lose a few patterns when you get an MD.

1 Like

Thanks!! … and interesting idea to save a clone Snapshot - just in case.
Overall - I feel pretty good about the MD.
An 808 was my only drum machine for the last couple of years… and now I’m trying out a new approach. The MD isn’t as immediate - but the options are endless… esp when you factor in the UW and Midi Machines.

cheers!