Saving Kits

*global kits (available to all projects) [unlike A4/AR]

1 Like

David that is great! I love that idea. Then i wouldnt be tied down to pre made kits anyway.

I have worked this way with the digitakt for ages - i just load my samples from the +drive ad-hoc. But i never knew you could load 8 samples at once like that.

I will give this a try!

Thanks

1 Like

Cool curious to know if this works for ya!
Press yes in the sample browser to select multiple samples :slight_smile:

3 Likes

or go to submenu (press right arrow) and choose “Select all”

2 Likes

its a good thing digitakt doesn’t have kits, at least the way kits work on other elektron devices. The DT is great because you can tweak samples very quickly without messing up the settings on your saved kit. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tweaked a synth on the A4 and realized I would be messing up my other patterns.

4 Likes

@DaveMech thanks for sharing! I like the idea of ‘lightweight’ kits (i.e. samples stored and named accordingly in a folder) - however it would be great if they could implement it explicitly in the device, just as it’s done in Model:Samples, where you can load a folder of samples at once (given the samples in a folder have proper suffixes)

2 Likes

Its worked great Dave. I don’t even bother loading the kits into patterns, i can just simply browse in my +drive and there are all my kits ive made and load any one of them up in seconds with all 8 pads! Boom! Utterly awesome!

3 Likes

Awesome !:slight_smile:

quick question - I’ve loaded my ‘kit’ that i made (8 samples in a folder, numbered like you said), they’re now playing on pads 1-8 - ok fine - then i went to my browser and loaded a new kit (select all - load to project), but its put those 8 sounds on 9-16 and i cant find how to access them.

any ideas?

And would it be possible to load that second kit over the first 1-8 instead of going in to 9-16?

Im not sure how to assign say pattern 1 to 1-8, pattern 2 to 9-16 etc…

Thanks

So first off: to make sure terminology isn’t confused: samples and sounds are different things in the elektron universe ;). A sample is a sample file. A sound is a sample plus all the parameter settings on a track (src flt amp lfo).

On the SRC page you will find the SMP parameter where you select the sample slot used by the track. This is definitely something you want to read up on in the manual. In there all parameters per paramater page are explained including sample slot. And the cool thing of course being you can parameter lock the sample slot parameter in the sequencer :wink:

You can’t overwrite samples in bulk. So if you want to replace 8 samples you first need to unload them (as explained in my earlier post to unload the stock samples)

4 Likes