Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

sweeet !!!

wowā€¦ soooo mystical! ā€¦ cool thing

Oh wow!

So many entries, thatā€™s really super mega awesome cool!

Though it means a lot to do, I still havenā€™t confirmed all submissions yet, going back to the coal mine ā€¦

Also. Please donā€™t ask any questions in the submission PMā€™s unless itā€™s 100% necessary to ask it in private. Iā€™m drowning in work with this competition as it is :zonked:

Iā€™ll return later today and answer the questions in this thread.

Cheers,
Fred

Some clarifications and answers:

You may only record the master out. Not any individual outs.

3:00 is a hard limit, your submission may not be longer than this.

For Octatrack, you donā€™t need submit a sysex file, just the project folder.

Yes, only the final three are required to submit their project for inspection, but weā€™d like it if more participants did this, so we could share them all for a greater learning experience for the communityā€¦

A really fun project.
Reminding me of back in the days (for me, anyway), using my Roland S-330 sampler with 2x7,2 seconds of sampling :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/morgendugg/ar-morgendugg-under-water/s-PrXCz

Great songs all around :heart:
Finishing mine at the moment but still really unsure if performance mode on the AR is allowed?

Performance mode is definitely allowed. The only thing that isnā€™t allowed is features like the audio editor in OT, because it actually modifies the samples. As long as the source samples isnā€™t modified, any kind of tricks can be used.

this is really awesome work, it flies man!

Performance mode is definitely allowed. The only thing that isnā€™t allowed is features like the audio editor in OT, because it actually modifies the samples. As long as the source samples isnā€™t modified, any kind of tricks can be used.[/quote]
Thanks Fredrik :+1:

Please. Be very careful that you name your file correctly:

[OT/MD/AR] - username - trackname.mp3

there are many files coming in and without a proper name there is a risk for files getting mixed up. bottom line: if you donā€™t name it according to the template, you run a little risk of missing out.

Iā€™ve had quite a few instances of this, and while I attempt to fix it for you, I make no guarantees.

Cheers and keep up the good work, Iā€™m very impressed by your creations, though I havenā€™t listened to nearly all of them yet.

Was big fun for me. Thx :slight_smile:

Great work! ! BƤmbƤm :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s my track, thought Iā€™d give drum & bass a go:

Interesting to hear what others have come up with!

1 Like

ok then I will resubmit mine, just read this now

Amazing job! :+1:

Hi to all of you
hope you enjoy the track,
I did enjoy the competition a lot!

Very curious to see what happens nowā€¦

Keep on rockinā€™

hey dudes,
heard a couple cool entriesā€¦good stuff.

this is my attempt:
https://soundcloud.com/v-stok/ar-valyo-laborant/s-tVIF9

I still have 43 unread messages. This is some serious awesome fun :slight_smile:

Very nice :wink:

Are you kiddig me Zillamatic?!! Big applause!