Screen Protector

Kept on poking tiny tiny bits off of it. Turned out ok in the end, but took forever.

1 Like

I noticed that when you pull off the screen protector, the Digitakt sounds better: much more cleaner and transparent

2 Likes

I finally got rid of my screen protector but I noticed there is a bit of dust under the screen (itā€™s a second hand one still under warrantly)

Donā€™t have Digitakt so far, but I am quite sure its screen size should be the same as Analog Heat MKII and Syntakt. To play safe, you can buy the Analog Heat MKII screen protector.

to get rid of dust under the face which is between the glass bezel and the oled screen you have to remove the top screws, remove the knobs, unscrew the control pcb from the back of the faceplate and physically remove the dust with either compressed air or a clean rag. itā€™s very difficult to remove the dust effectively using just compressed air and it will move somewhere else you donā€™t want it to even if you do. I made a few posts about some similar processes recently, just for different reasons. look at this thread if you want an idea and ask me if you have more questions and are willing to go to these lengths for the sake of removing the dust (I was willing).

Help. Digitone Keys screen looks like its detaching? - Elektron Gear / Digitone/Digitone Keys - Elektronauts

the thread is about digitone keys but my pics are of digitakt, from opening both theyā€™re basically the same.

Also in general regarding screen protectors Iā€™ve considered using one of the tempered glass ones but if you donā€™t cut them correctly theyā€™ll shatter. And @re5et is using the best most reliable method because itā€™s inexpensive and you will have more on reserve so you can quickly replace it if it becomes clouded or obstructed - however the material of these screen bezels are fairly durable and if you donā€™t abuse your gear or clean it with something inappropriate you probably wonā€™t get a lot of rash on the bezel.

Thanks ! I could remove the face and clean it ! Thats as new now ! I didnā€™t wait till the support answered :joy:

I ordered an iPad protection but also a specific one from boxwave (took the Analog Heat MK2)ā€¦ will see what works !

2 Likes

small update for those interested :slight_smile:

I ordered the boxwave protection (Analog Heat MK2) for my Digitakt and it worked like a charm.

Itā€™s pretty nice and fits the Digitakt as an original protection.

Only bad thing about it is that, as an european, I had to pay a 23ā‚¬ import tax fee for a product that cost less than 10$ ā€¦ Would be nice if there was a way to find these in Europe.

Buying second-hand gear has an ecological interest (in addition to the price, of course) but having to import a small piece of plastic from the USA makes it a bit paradoxical and meaninglessā€¦

2 Likes

did you buy anti-glare, or crystal? also, where did it allow you to specify mk2? the website only shows a picture of mk1.

took the crystal one. itā€™s here : Elektron Analog Heat MKII ClearTouch Crystal (2-Pack) - Glass-like clarity and screen protection for your Analog Heat MKII. True innovation.

I guess I followed the wrong link. thanks, that makes sense.

And the crystal was not too glossy/reflective for you? or you have only used it in a darkened environment?

no problem, thatā€™s the first time I am the one who help and not the other way around :sweat_smile:

1 Like