Screen Protector

Any reccomendations for a screen protector for Digitakt? Want to take the film off the screen as it dulls the screen, but don’t want any scratches.

I really like the Copter screen protectors for my phones. I bet you could just get one for a regular size phone, apply it and careful cut it with a sharp knife in the groove around the screen. (I have not tried this)
They last forever and are extremely scratch resistant, but the do leave a slightly less glossy finish, little more plasticy. By no means dull or matte though.
http://copter.com/screenprotector/en/
Also I would be careful not to let the blade slip too deeply into the groove as it might damage the PCB or the side of the screen maybe.

1 Like

i bought an ipad screen protector and cut it to size for most of my other gear. pocket operators , shruthi etc
cost £1 and enough to do many bits of kit

plus sharp blade and metal ruler.

1 Like

I took the PL protection for when I’m not using it.
I enjoy the screen brightness when operating DT :wink:

1 Like

Wait… The Heat and Digitakt come with a screen protector ? I got both of them new and I never knew, I was dubious about it on the heat and tried peeling it off but I got scared because I thought I was damaging the screen itself.

Wow :slight_smile: you are in for a treat. Ready to be blown away by the awesome brightness of the DT screen. I though it looked like crap with the semi-translucent factory protection.

2 Likes

Shit, now I got very used to it, maybe it should let it on ?

Digitakt is only piece of gear I’ve noticed where removing the screen sticker actually make the screen look way better. It’s a must. First piece of gear I’ve taken the sticker off.

Always take the sticker off. Over time, it will melt onto the screen and be harder to remove then. Best to cover with a soft t-shirt when not in use.

Digitakt is the first piece of gear that I haven’t taken off the screen protector for some reason. Got a gig tonight, after that it’s coming off!!

Got a 2nd hand Rytm yesterday, screen protector on.
First thing I did was peel it off, sweet sweet ownership ritual!

Crispy

5 Likes

HELP!
Does anybody have advice for when that happens? I got a second hand OT recently and I am peeling of the screen protector little by little, but I’m afraid that I’ll damage the screen.

Check out BoxWave, they have pretty comprehensive line-up for Elektron devices.

You can order them through Amazon instead of from BoxWave’s official site.

iPad screen sticker , a ruler and a scalpel.

1 x iPad screen protector will be enough for all devices and a few left over ( I made
Some for proteus rack boxes , tx81z etc. )

Cost - under 5$ for the lot ( depends if you already own a ruler )

Can’t find these on Amazon. I only find glass protections for iPad. Could you send a link ? Thanks !

Looks like they got nothing for DT/DN/ST …

I just used a cheap screen protector probably from a pound shop

Searching for ‘iPad screen protector’ has thrown up 100’s of results in Amazon. What are you looking for ?

Yes 100 results but only glass protectors…

They don’t provide anything for Digitakt.
Do someone know if other Elektron boxes have the same screen size as the Digitakt ?

what did you end up doing for your melted screen protector issue?