Second SYN page

Hi!

How likely do you think it is that Elektron will add a second SYN page for all (or almost all) Syntakt machines in the future? I know this could be a problem with the Control-all function since absolutely every machine right now has exactly 8 controls on the SYN page, but I think it would be helpful to be able to dig deeper into the synthesis settings.

I would prefer to see more parameters on existing machines, rather than adding more machines. Am I the only one who thinks this way? I would like to know your opinions.

And for the record, I’m sure that in future updates Elektron will offer us more machines, both digital and analog. But from day one I’ve thought that just 8 parameters on each machine fall short of sound shaping.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s very likely, since most machines wouldn’t need more parameters. Certainly the Sy Tone would benefit greatly from it. I mostly don’t think it’s likely because of design philosophies - the Syntakt was so deliberately designed for immediacy and surface level tweaking.

It’s not like they couldn’t add a second page and only add parameters to the machines that would really benefit from it. It wouldn’t affect ctrl all much, since the other machines would simply not be affected.

But again, I think it’s way more likely that they’ll add new machines instead and stick with the original design philosophy.

2 Likes