Semi-Dawless (DT + Omnisphere)

There’s modular and semi-modular, maybe this would be semi-dawless? :slight_smile:

Running Omnisphere stand-alone on my notebook with the DT is a match made in heaven!
Each instance of Omnisphere has 8 patches, so it routes perfectly to the DT’s 8 midi channels.

I do all the sequencing in DT, with it’s 8 voices, and it’s also the sound card.

The sonic and sequencing capability of these 2 together is next level IMO.
I know a VST isn’t true analog, but man Omnisphere sounds amazing (for so many styles).

I found that recording chords into the DT worked better than I expected. I recorded them in chromatic mode, then added conditions to space them out (1:2, 1:8, 4:8, etc.).

After doing this for a few hours, I didn’t miss my DAW at all for composing.
Next step is to get up the guts to record a short performance, and post to Youtube.
I really appreciate that several of you do that - it’s been helpful and inspiring for me.

Best regards,

Gino

5 Likes

Omnisphere is one hell of an instrument. I should really give midi another go on the OT and look into pairing them up

1 Like

Would be interested to hear. Omnisphere’s a super sound source.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Finally got around to posting this, as I did it a few weeks ago as a test.
Not my smoothest performance, but worth sharing :slight_smile:

This is Omnisphere sequenced from a single pattern on the Digitakt.
I used 7 channels for Omnisphere and 8 channels for DT and recorded the audio in FL Studio without mastering or mixing.

Best regards,

Gino

5 Likes

sounds great, have OT and thinking of getting OS.

1 Like

Thanks! I can’t recommend Omnisphere any higher, it’s fantastic!

Hearing “Chill” again brought back some nice memories :slight_smile: That was the first time I got up the nerve to get a group of friends into my studio and perform live on the DT (pre-covid). The recording is from that performance.

Sounds great!

I have an OT and Ominsphere but never tried this. Will give it a go when my TRS / XLR cables arrive for sending the Omnisphere (or any other soft synth into the OT)