Send Pattern from Digitone to Digitakt

Is there a way to send/transport patterns from eg. Digitone to Digitakt?
I have seen the Sysex functionality but the C6 Software seems to be replaced with the Transfer App and there i can only receive a Digitone specific .dnprj file.

No

1 Like

What do you want to transfer exactly?A pattern doesn’t make sense because DT has 16 tracks vs 8 tracks DN per pattern.

I started sketching out a song on the Digitone, but now come to it’s 4 tracks limitation.
So i want to transfer the percussions tracks (track 2 & 4) pattern data (the trigs, conditions, delay, etc., but not the sound itself of course) from the Digitone to eg. track 1 & 2 on the Digitakt.
Essentially, what an internal “copy track” does but from one device to another.

1 Like

the only way i can think of thats not manually mirroring trigs from one device to another, is to copy percussion tracks on DN into its midi tracks and send it into DT via midi while its recording.
if you do it like that you will only have gate and velocity data, any plock setting like probability will be lost. (gotta set up both devices to send and receive on proper channels)

you can also just sample the actual audio and have whole drum groove on one DT voice.

EDIT: to copy a single track on DN you have to be in grid recording mode (press record, you see red trigs - you are in grid recording mode) and then FUNC+REC (copy).
if you do copy command while not in grid recording, it will copy pattern, which includes all 4 internal and 4 midi tracks AKA whole pattern.

1 Like