Sequencing Novation Circuits synths with the MD

What I am wanting to do is use my Machinedrum (non-UW) to sequence my Novation Circuit two synths (I’ll try sequencing the MD w/ the Circuit after this). Regardless, I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that I could sequence Synth 1 and Synth 2 of the Circuit with the Machinedrum. The Circuit uses MIDI Channel 1 and 2 for the synths. Here is what I’ve tried so far, when configuring the MD: I went and selected MIDI Machine under Kit > Edit, under Synth I then selected MID (for the synth), then I selected MID-01 (for the Machine). When I do this, it acts like what I expected (I also changed the Global > Control Base Channel to --, that got rid of the Circuits synthesizer playing on all tracks), track 1 plays synth 1 only and the drums are on the rest of tracks. But, if I go and select MID > MID-02, it replaces Synth 1 with Synth 2 on track #1. Is there a way to get Synth 1 on track 1 and Synth 2 on track 2? I’ve read the Base Channel section in the manual but still unable to get this to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Leave the Base Channel setting as ‘—’: that’s OK.

What you are forgetting to do between setting up synth 1 and synth 2 is to move to a new track on the MD by turning the SOUND SELECTION wheel.

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you @PeterHanes :thup: Was getting some really nice patterns with just one synth but now I’m really happy…this is great.

1 Like