Sequencing the SH-01a with dt

…ok…i know, we’re not there yet, when it comes to midi sequencing on the dt…
but i’m tryin’ to wrap my head around getting the sh 01 a roland boutique thing doing what dt is telling it here right now and can’t adress any sequence data to take place…

i can play the sh via the dt chromatic mode fine…but once i’m running in play mode, nothing happens…no placed trigs, no realtime recordings…nothing plays along…but i still can play that damend roland thing…also preset changes adress fine…

i found out that dt must send a hack of sysex data…starting from default does’nt make any difference…sound was always changed after playing a pattern first time…whole envelope parameters on external synth down to zero after that…only refreshing the synth preset would bring it back…plays manually fine again first, all down to zero again after hitting play mode…

for now i can handle the parameter changes…but no matter what i try, it won’t play any notes coming from the dt’s sequencer grid…while playing manually is always fine…what am i missing here…!?

Is the midi track muted? Iirc chromatic will still work with the midi track muted but not the sequencer.

3 Likes

…damn…that’s it…i’m an idiot…thanx a lot…

5 Likes

No worries, this problem has come up a number of times on the forum.
I don’t think it’s explicitly stated anywhere in the manual

…yup…thanx anyway, fast responder…
but guess what…first midi sequence i’d give a go…first total freeze straight away…1.04…here we go…

Hi, did you figure out a way for the envelope parameters to not be set to zero on the sh-01a after pressing play on the Digitakt? This is quite annoying.

i cant remember having any issues
turn off clock receive on sh01a
set the midi channels (SH01a receive on 1 , DTsend on 1)
stick notes on sequence , set trig to 1/16 or whatever , make notes longer if i wanted it to slide.
press play.
sounds.

but its been a while.

…i also never had issues with envelope data from takt setting back all parameters on the roland thing…
and i think the clock does’nt make any difference here…always had it slaved and was sending notes and cc’s from takt to sh01…never used the internal seqeuncer on the sh…was just always running along on an empty pattern, ready to catch any midi data from takt and did so…
but i sold it straight away, once the tone came up…no need for more synth bros behind the takt…now it’s even the other way around…tone triggers takt here…