Sequential Joins the Focusrite Group

i want reissue of Tetra with Circuit sequencer.

7 Likes

Iā€™d like the Evolver engine in place of the Circuit synths.

9 Likes

Circuit Circuits confirmed!

4 Likes

Sequential Circuit thenā€¦

12 Likes

$24M!

https://www.cityam.com/sequential-snapped-up-by-focusrite-for-18m-after-strong-turnover/

5 Likes

Dave deserves all the monies.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a small company: itā€™s probably less than 15 people

Money talks

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re trying to say but iā€™ve heard they are around 30 employeesā€¦

1 Like

Whoa I didnā€™t know they were that big already.

1 Like

Good find on that article ronsun !

Quoting from the article:
ā€¦ with the possibility of working closely with Sequential and Novationā€™s research and development teams.

I guess thatā€™s an obvious implication, but for me what happens in this regard, the cross-pollination as it were, will be the largest thing that could affect me in the next few years as a result of this merger. How much exchange actually happens is tbd, it depends on a lot of factors, like personalities and corporate culture.

I donā€™t recall hearing about major changes or disruptions from the previous acquisitions by Focusrite. (Anyone ?) I think they are pretty good about allowing some independence of their separate brands. These sorts of acquisitions are probably part of surviving, as the electronic music industry continues to grow.

6 Likes

This is good news for longevity*

Moog is in an enviable position to do things their way, but Sequentialā€™s size must give them some struggles under the current state of pandemic logistics.

*and for cross-pollination with Novation! I hope Sequential has some neat spinoff devices ala the Pioneer collabs.

3 Likes

I was reminded of some speculation/wishing for a Sequential groovebox.

This should open the door for Novationā€™s answer to the Toraiz AS-1 at least.

Wonder if they would explore a high-end groovebox to go toe to toe with the standalone Maschine and Akaiā€™s MPC/Force offerings.

2 Likes

Look. All Iā€™m saying. If they do polyevolver meets summit, Iā€™m done.

5 Likes

Iā€™m just really happy for this whole thing. A lot of potential there that I can be optimistic about.

4 Likes

In my experience, Focusrite and Novation operate with some of the best customer service and product support of any manufacturer. I feel like itā€™s a good match. If anything, it should free up Sequential to focus on product design, which is awesome.

7 Likes

What about Tom?
I wonder how this will impact on any collaboration between Tom and Dave. I suppose they can do whatever they want, but when it gets down to money talk will Dave have to say, ā€œIā€™ll have to ask my parents first.ā€?

1 Like

It makes no sense from a business perspective to spend this amount of money on some very knowledgeable and talented people and then start micromanaging and babysitting them.

4 Likes

It does if you only want the name to slap on crap (though I donā€™t think thatā€™s whatā€™s happening here).

I wonder, do you think this will influence their synth prices?
or wil they stay as ā€˜premiumā€™ as they are.

for instance, looking at the prophet 5 module, comparing it to the novation peak, thereā€™s a huge price differenceā€¦