Sequential Price Increase?

I don’t know if I’m misremembering things, but from what I can tell it seems that all of Sequential’s synths have had an increase in price. The Rev2 looks like it’s had an increase of 150 dollars for each version. The Take 5 definitely had an increase, 1299 to 1499. The OB6 is 3099 now. Prophet 5 reissues look like they’ve had 100 dollar increases.

I’m hesitant to say that this is any way related to chip shortages or pandemic related supply chain issues as these issues are not new and other companies have not resorted to any price increases. Rather, things have just been out of stock longer. If the issue was related to this, I would imagine it would be a temporary increase and Sequential would comment on it. Since they haven’t… I’m assuming it’s not related.

Just something to note if you were considering a Sequential purchase sometime soon. Might want to take advantage of the used market before they catch up.

Yes, I heard this a few months ago from a friend who works in MI retail. He said all the Sequential dealer prices were going up since Focusrite took them over… it’s probably to allow for the new business tier to make money with some global component price increases thrown in.

1 Like

A lot of synth prices are going up. Just a month or two ago the Moog prices went up. The Subsequent 25 was $850, now it is $1000, the Grandmother was $999, now it is $1,150, and the 1010 Blackbox went up in price a bit as well, and the Polyend Tracker has jumped in price once or twice this past year. These is just a few examples, but most prices are increasing. It is probably due to shipping issues, chip shortages, and inflation. Hopefully it all calls down in the next year or two.

likely coming to all products, buy now! right? ha ha.

1 Like

They are all just jacking up their prices, so they can give us the old pricing for Black Friday deals.

1 Like

Luckily my last major purchase just came in today. I’m in before the increases happened!

1 Like

I’ve noticed these increases as well. Although Yamaha seems to be immune from this trend! I was surprised Roland is coming out with the SP-404 actually cheaper than the 404a.

1 Like