Sequential Pro 3

Maybe the price isn’t definitive yet and we might see a price reduction.

Elektron did that with the launch of the Digitakt but with an increase instead.
I bought it for 650$ and shortly after it jumped to the seven hundreds.

So it’s not necessarily out of the question.
It still showing as coming soon also so the price could fluctuate till then.
Hey you never know.

1 Like

Loved the Pro 2. Was great for all sorts of rhythmic percussive and dub stabs. Sold mine to fund a roof repair or something totally boring a while back. :weary: Always regretted it. This looks to be improved all the way around.

5 Likes

Pro 2 launched at 2000 I think… if not more. Not sure where you’re getting the one filter thing on the Pro 3, isn’t it 3 filters? It seems to lack some of the variable routing the pro2 has but I dunno at the cheaper launch price and beefier sequencer I think Pro 3 will fill the needs of many.

2 Likes

From Pro 2 demos I have heard, and the single INHALT Pro 3 demo, the Pro 2 seems the more experimental and unique synth, and the Pro 3 sounds more like your vintage style Pro One type of synth. They share many features, but I think they are different enough. If I had a Pro 2, I would not get a Pro 3 though, I would be perfectly happy with the Pro 2.

4 Likes

Yeah just listened to more Pro 2 stuff. It’s digital side is digital in the best possible way. Gets into that Prophet VS and Evolver territory. Highly unusual and unique for a monosynth. A true hybrid synth. If you have one, don’t sell it! Not sure many monosynths like it will be made.

2 Likes

would you please shut it, some of us are quietly banking on neglected Pro-2’s getting off loaded cheap this week

14 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Yea if I was drunk and bought something on reverb it would be the pro 2. Digital oscillators, dual filters. I’m not a synth genius but I use the prophet vs plugin a lot and it definitely gets into VS territory. I’m just waiting for people to unload the pro 2 after namm. The pro 3 seems like a sub 37 with extra digit oscillator. If you don’t have a good VCO monosynth this will do the job if you do then you may have some overlap.

4 Likes

I went from being indifferent to obsessed with this synth. I want one super bad now.

3 Likes

My FICO score is ready to drop 20 points for this.

5 Likes

Video from Sequential themselves.

6 Likes

Is it just me, or does it look like the synth is slightly angled up in each shot? Just looks weirdly like the keybed isn’t flush with the table top…

idk, that video kinda ruined the initial “mystique” for me

1 Like

It looks great but that video makes it sound positively average. Maybe the tracks were too similar in style, But its no longer on my radar.

Yeah, the back looks flat, and the keyboard looks angled up. I’m guessing they did that so you could see more of the synth when the camera is looking straight at them.

2 Likes

Yeah I absolutely love my pro 2 but its worth looking at these paul dither pro 3 demos. Some absolutely wild patches in there https://soundcloud.com/pauldither/sets/sequential-pro-3

7 Likes

Hmmh. I actually thought the Sequential video was pretty good. The one thing it didn’t show off was the range of the synth. It did seem like they all lived inside of 2 octaves for the most part. However, I thought that quite a few different sounds were on display. The spec sheet is still what gets me with this one. Lots of modulation sources and automation. I want to get a big synth to celebrate a milestone birthday this year, but not sure if this one is it.

and to keep on topic just in case… This is the first Sequential I’m really interested in. I’m looking forward to some good YT vids on it.

thank you for this link @bwo

1 Like

oh yeah, these Paul Dither examples really show the range of the Pro 3. Much more going on here than the INHALT/Sequential demos. Some very complex stuff.

4 Likes