Sequential resumes Prophet-5

That’s what i was wondering. It would have to be a firmware with 1-4 settings baked in. Could be cool to have on the P6…oooh today i have made my Prophet completely unstable like a mk1.

1 Like

Firmware, as in possible down the line, not something available now.

3 Likes

When you really need your P5 to do Evolver things…

Octatrack owners will be happy.

4 Likes

I also look forward to driving it with M8 Tracker, which can send 10 MIDI CC per step. Or is it per track? Whatever, it’ll be fun

2 Likes

Prophet 10

5 Likes

P10 Talk and demo by Matt Johnson:

He says he has no intention of selling his Prophet 6, which doesn’t surprise me at all. To Matt, it’s not a P10 alternative. it’s just a different synth that still deserves it’s own spot in his rig, just like that Udo synth with its distinctive blue housing in the foreground.

The Youtube comments section, while not entirely free of noise, has some good guesses as to what songs/compositions he quotes from.

7 Likes

Chris Randall of Audio Damage took delivery of his Prophet 10. Made a 2 tier custom stand to hold it above his Moog One.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGxUj0OBqDj/?igshid=1f3kw81fuxe3b

4 Likes

Yes I plan on keeping my prophet 6 alongside my prophet 10. Prophet 6 is great for bright sounds and stereo panned material.

The 10 is great for low end and mid band material.

I got to play the 5 along the 6 at my local synth shop and each one covers it’s own ground.

to be fair… he likely has more synths in storage than any of us have set up and in use. but it’s good to hear a comparison on why each is worth having/how they’re different.

I made that comment because of talk about selling one’s Prophet 6, or trash talk to P6 owners.

Anyway, I’m not surprised that he said he’d continue to use the P6 in his touring rig and use the P10 only for recording.

Maybe, but him mentioning looking at, but never buying a Prophet 5 before because of the second-hand price and their somewhat questionable reliability, does suggest he buys to play and not to hoard.

Yes he’s a keyboardist and different keyboard for the day of the week is like wearing a different wristwatch. It sets the mood and makes you motivated to practice more.

to be clear, I wasn’t insulting the guy. just saying someone with so much gear, it’s likely not as big of deal to hang onto multiple synths where the differences are relatively minimal.

2 Likes

Oh no I wasn’t taking it as that either.

I think I was replying for the sake of replying .

Oh, absolutely. Just enjoying the nice conversation here.

I was honestly surprised how happy he was to finally be able to get one that made financial sense as an instrument to him.

1 Like

Speaking of P5 as being a part of a rig rather than “fighting off” other synths, CDM has a new article with a handful of video demos showing P5 happily playing - via CV - with Pro 3, Voyager, etc.

4 Likes

Saw this link posted on Reddit. Some people no doubt are spreading this with Schadenfreude in their hearts, but I see it as a positive - the company is doing the right thing here by being transparent with the “oops we effed up here, now let’s try to help resolve the problems”. Nothing wrong with striving to be perfect, but how the company handles things going wrong is much more revealing - in a positive way - than never making a mistake.

3 Likes

@GovernorSilver yes it’s awesome that Sequential is proactive about the issue. This puts my 10 out for another 4 weeks but I would rather get it right than return it for repairs

4 Likes

Yeah, I would rather remove the components myself than wait much longer, but if I’m already waiting why not.

Oh dear, local dealer’s gonna keep these in stock once they’re available around here. I’m in trouble now.

Fortunately, months left before this happens. So maybe I’ll just forget it exists before then.