Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

Unfortunately it did not after their most recent update. I sold it. Syncing to a clock was pretty essential to the way I work as well

What a pain in the arse.

Thanks for getting back to me

Did you try it with USB clock from DAW? More than likely how i’d use it.

I’ve been spending the past few nights learning Pigments 4, but today I switched on the Take 5 and was kind of blown away by its core sound alone.

I’m always skeptical of people who say things like this, but it definitely has a character and vibe that just can’t be emulated by software.

I agree with DimensionsTomorrow in that it naturally produces 80’s retro-futuristic sounds with ease.

The Take 5 has its frustrating quirks, but when you need precision- that’s what Pigments is for.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s its strength in my mind. It borrows heavily from the Prophet, but somehow also feels to me like a modern equivalent of an old Roland synth (one of my first synths was a Juno 106).

I still absolutely love the T5. I saw someone try to diss it online saying it was nothing more than U-he’s Diva in a box, and I thought, that’s awesome! An analog version of Diva is like a dream synth in my mind.

I also love it as a midi controller. I’ve only really used mini key controllers (Keystep, etc), so the extra nuance you get out of this nice keybed and the split function is a dream.

With the modulation matrix, I think I could explore it for years and not get bored. It was a good purchase for sure.

9 Likes

its core sound is so good it overshadows my two elektron synths quite a bit.

8 Likes

Desktop version would sell like hotcakes I reckon

7 Likes

I finally had to bite the bullet and buy a keyboard stand. The K&M 18950 feels almost custom made for the T5. Really sturdy and at its minimum width (adjustable), it’s pretty much an exact fit (although a little bit deeper than the T5).

15 Likes

this is awesome. looks beautiful, i really like your space too

whats on that shelf below the portastudio?

1 Like

The GM and Take 5 look great together on that stand.

3 Likes

The main stuff there are two old Maxon delays. The top one is an analog delay from the 1970s that I bought from a guy using it in a dub reggae sound system here in Japan. The bottom one is a Maxon 8-bit digital delay from the early 80s. One of the first digital delays I think. Very lofi.

Aside from that there’s a Behringer MS-20 clone and behind it is a Vermona Retroverb Lancet.

Thanks! I was worried that it might look weird, but it actually looks pretty good. I’ve been midi’ing up my Reface CP and YC (I caved and bought a used one last week). It’s awesome to have electric piano and organ sounds from that little setup. I want to buy a midi merger box so I can use both keyboards to control the Refaces. It will almost be like having a two manual organ.

Also that tiny little speaker under there is a Phil Jones X4 bass amp. It looks tiny but it has pretty huge low end and can fill the room. It’s a full-ranged speaker so works great for keyboards. It’s almost magic that something that small can have so much bass and volume.

The Boss RC600 is acting as a mixer and anything I play can be looped. Cool for practicing and those loops can be sampled into my SP404MKII if I want to build them out into a track.

5 Likes

This thing continues to bring me joy. Slow down the attack, start the sequencer on a slow tempo, and you’ve got a bed for playing piano with. The Take 5 remains my favourite “all-arounder”, a great combination of sound, versatility, size, and workflow.

10 Likes

nice to see the take 5 fits well on top of a hammond organ.

BANANA NEEDLE shared a post on Instagram: "With daily gratitude❤️‍🔥

2023/01/04
新宿 Wild Side Tokyo
BANANA NEEDLE
Floor ワンマン Live
18:30open 19:00start
¥2,023  1ドリンク付

#hammondorgan #hammond #happy #instrumental #band #tokyo #japan #jazz #funk #rock...

here’s their account: https://instagram.com/banananeedle

1 Like

Added some wooden sidepanels to my Take 5, since I didn‘t really like the plastic ones. It‘s a beautiful little synth, but woodpanels make it even more esthetic I think.

21 Likes

Very nice! Are the wood panels the exact same size as the plastic ones? I have a custom flightcase for my Tale 5 that is a perfect fit, and I wonder if it would still fit with wood panels. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, I added the Rytm MKII, to a CP-73. The Take-5 is my favorite, the size, the sound, the Filter ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think so, maybe a few mm thicker. But the panels have to have this cutting for the metal frame.

3 Likes

Looks great. Where did you order those? Easy to install?

I got them from

https://www.instagram.com/syntholz.de/

(Germany).

The panels are easy to install. Three screws on each side to remove the original panels. The new ones are glued to the metal frame with double sided duct tape. If you want to re-install the original panels the glueing spots on the metal frame are not visible.

3 Likes

Wow, beautiful. Wonder how it would change people‘s impressions if Sequential sold it like that.

2 Likes

hmmm… looks like i’ll need to remove my end caps to do the same at some point. ideally, they should screw in place.

1 Like