SERIOUS: Do You Like 80's Artists?

2 Likes

Not a day goes by that I don’t listen to Cyndie Lauper.

3 Likes

Share!

5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

One of the most beautiful Intro build ups ever, my favorite song from the Cure:

1 Like

Kinda blew my mind when I heard this song and realized it was sampled in a black milk song I love

The funniest 80s song

Like a lot of 80s rap songs I wish it was a little longer

Warning: not 80s. Avert your eyes if you’re only here for 80s songs and don’t want to hear the black milk song that samples John foxx

2 Likes
2 Likes

The 80s contains all of this and so much more:

5 Likes

A handful of smashers here, I’d say:

The danse society

Cocteau twins

3 Likes

Great Wall of Oberheim sounds (Prince playing the main riff):

5 Likes

How do you define an 80s artist? The majority of the artist’s catalogue was made in the 80s? Scott Walker for example made music in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s.

So much good stuff already posted, here’s a few flavours that I grew up with. The 1st 4 OMD albums are sublime, especially Organisation & Architecture & Morality. This track is about Ian Curtis.

New Order of course

Weddoes

Pre stadium Simple Minds

Cocteau Twins

Japan

8 Likes
5 Likes

I was really into 90s Wedding Present for a while although he gets a bit sappy but he has such an endearing confessional way about himself.

1 Like

Considering the forum we are on, Art of Noise definitely needs recognizing, I think they were the first studio in the UK to purchase a Fairlight which was phenomenally expensive & I think they bought two. This EP is basically fucking about with a sampler before anyone else had had an opportunity with no musical template & so is pretty much an historical document. Some of it is pretty awful in a music sense, but as a teenager I had it on cassette & it blew my mind especially army now. Total WTF?

1 Like

Colourbox were amazing… quite a sad story really with disappearing after that release because of being sued over the samples used (especially the amount of talent they had). I always wondered what happened to them. Shame that Stephen Young passed away in 2016.

There’s a good interview here