Set Digitakt to ONLY send Clock MIDI data and no notes

Hi,

I have a setup with a Midi-Keyboard controlling the keyboard of the Digitakt via Midi-IN for easier play and some Arpeggiator/Scale functionality. The Digitakt is the main Clock that is controlling other hardware such as a modular synth. From the Midi-Out I send the clock into one Module of the modular synth (Pamela’s New Workout) using a Din-Sync cable. That works fine BUT when I press a key on my Midi-Keyboard the Midi-Out sends also that Midinote out of the Midi-Out of the Digitakt. Therefore not only the clock but many other signal enter the Midi-Clock in the Modular.

How can I setup the Midi-Out to send ONLY the Clock Signal but no other Midi-Data? Is that possible?

Best
Mo

Learn about midi channels.

I’m working off memory here but can you not use the Thru port as a clock out? I know you can set it to Din-24 but maybe you can’t specific clock only.

But otherwise your other instruments should be on different channels as Funky indicates so it shouldn’t matter anyway. i.e. if your Digitakt control all channel is set to ‘1’ just make sure your other synth is set to ‘2’, they won’t share notes then but will share clock.

Turn off all the Digitakt midi channels you don’t need too, by default it occupies quite a few.

I use a Blokas Midihub for filtering midi data (they’re actually on sale right now…)

You can change this behaviour by altering the destination of the ‘keyboard’ input … the setting name in the midi settings area will include keyboard (or trig key dest) - just change its setting from int+ext to int

I think I know what is goint on.
I you didn’t set midi tracks but still have midi note output when you press a button or turn a knob, then you have to go to the midi menu of the digitakt and set “int” (as for internal) and not “ext” for the midi encoders and trigs.

Digitakt allows to use not only it’s midi tracks (9 to 16) but also to send midi data each time you press a button or push a knob. You should deactivate this functionality

Edit : sorry I misread, It is not your issue.

If you are using midi out (and not midi thru). The DT is not supposed pass a midi note message from its input to its output. If it does, it means that you have some active midi tracks.