Setting up Arturia MiniLab with DT

Hello,

I know it is not possible to connect my Arturia Minilab MkII directly to my Digitakt, but I want to use a MacBook as a MIDI hub.

Is this possible? I downloaded Arturias Midi control center, but how do I get it to work on the DT? I set all the Midi channels to the right tracks and set it to MIDI/AUDIO.

Or is this setup not possible and do I have to buy a Keystep/midi box?

You can use the computer to pass MIDI messages from one device to the other:

If you don’t have any MIDI software to do so, MIDI Pipe is suitable:

Thanks I will look into it.

And is it possible to play a VST in a DAW and record that in the Digitakt sequencer?
I know how to donor with chromatic mode in the Digitakt. But is it also possible to record a sequence with a Keyboard? Or can I only use the sample function for this?

Thanks again. I have tried my DAW and MidiPipe but I can’t get the keyboard to work on the Digitakt.

It works on VST’s, as well as the Digitakt works on those VST’s. But they won’t communicate with each other. So I can’t sequence the notes I am playing with the keyboard.

On the Digitakt:

Set the following in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu:

• set INPUT FROM to “USB”
  • activate RECEIVE NOTES

In the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > CHANNELS menu, look at which number is set for AUTO CHANNEL.

In the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > USB CONFIG menu, select either “USB MIDI” or “USB AUDIO/MIDI”.

Set the MIDI channel number of the MiniLab to match the AUTO CHANNEL number of the Digitakt.

I don’t know which DAW you are using so let us focus on MIDIPipe:

Select the MiniLab as a MIDI input device and the Digitakt as the MIDI output device.

You should now be able to play the active track on the Digitakt by playing the MiniLab’s keys.

If this does not work, post a screenshot showing your MIDI Pipe settings.

Thank you so much for your time.

I did all the steps, but still there is no sound. I will post a screenshot later, although it is not very interseting, my Input is set to Minilab and output to Digitakt. Nothing more