Share something

For Ableton Live User

AMS converter

AMS(= ableton meta sound (contains a microtonal, additive synthesis waveform which can be created by Operator)
)

I wrote a script to convert single cycle waveforms into AMS files in GNU Octave. You can convert multiple files with a simple task.

Download the following

Workflow

1. Run Octave to convert single cycle waveform to AMS file
  2. Start Atom and edit AMS file (delete end of line space)
  3. Completed

1. Octave

1. Start Octave, copy the contents of AMS Converter.txt and paste it into Octave editor
  2. Create a folder and save Octave script there
  3. Similarly, put single cycle waveforms in the folder.
  4. Execute script
  5. Two types of waveforms are output. One is the original waveform. The other is a waveform composed of a phase 0 sine wave for Ableton Operator.

The output files have white spaces at the end, so replace white spaces with atoms.

2.Text editing

1. Add folder to ATOM
  2. Right click on the folder and select “Serch in Folder”
  3. Select. * [Use Reges], enter " +$" in [Find in project], and select [Find all]
  4. Select [Replace All] without entering anything

4 Likes

I don’t follow Twitter much, but I’ve been enjoying the pics and clips shared here, in tribute to Kyoto Animation, the storied anime studio that was attacked by an arsonist recently.

One clip from Violet Evergarden showcasing the animation:

1 Like

2 Likes

Wow! I don’t have Operator (let alone use Ableton live much anymore) but I love the work that went into this. Octave, Atom, all cool stuff. Nice work.

2 Likes

So one of my hobbies is restoring/modding vintage Cannondales. This 1990 SR2000 project is now completed, mostly original (full Dura Ace gruppo on Mavic tubulars) and only added a new Fabric ti saddle, MKS pedals and Deda bar tape.

16 Likes

Nice work. It looks great!

1 Like

Gotta appreciate bikes! Looks great! I’ve always far prefered the lever style shifters though!

1 Like

A short, amateur, soul leaning summer-house mix

3 Likes

Thanks. Brifters are a major innovation but don’t have the retro swank of a nice set of downtube levers IMO.

You might prefer this project that I also just finished up, a M1000 mtb converted to a sweet urban cruiser (and ended up being just as light as the road bike)…

2 Likes

Yeah, I actually meant the downtube style shifters! I guess “levers” basically applies to anything :joy: Nothing beats just shifting by sound and feel with a perfectly smooth ride :blush:

1 Like

Ahh I gotcha… the “though” threw me :slight_smile:

Ah, it looked (at a glance) like maybe you had flight deck shifters on there with the downtube shifters just left on :joy: *Sorry for derailing this thread.

1 Like

*I think this thread is pretty underailable… :smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Trying to learn Touchdesigner…

1 Like

Together with a friend i went to the mountains during the past week;

for the cool, fresh and thin air, for hiking and having a good time - the summer resort.

He brought one of his small modular-systems, a setup of 2 make noise STO oscillators, a make noise mysteron and a polivoks filter. I sent CV triggers with the analog keys.

We did a lot of stuff just for sampling sounds. In between i created a multimap on the AK playing along to the sound explorations.

A lucid sky thwarted with dark sounds :wink:

8 Likes

The majestic pads of the OB6. I’ve waited a loooooooong time to hear these sounds, been through countless amounts of gear, tried so many knob tweaks and effects… just to hear that beautiful wobble that reminds me of my childhood, something others call the 80’s.

1 Like

Here’s a jam of a track I’m working on. I guess it’s Chill/IDM/Glitch

7 Likes

I produced this track and the video on an evening in summer vacation on my iPad.

4 Likes

Testing external reverb send/return. Holy crap this old Boss pedal sounds good!

1 Like