Share something

Anyone else brought some instruments on hols?

1 Like

DN + OP-1 for me :slight_smile:

That modulate setting is amazing.

Yep that’s the one I use for big spacey reverb.

1 Like

I intended to simply replace the backlight on my Wavestation A/D, but couldn’t resist the allure of the white-on-black display. Now every page looks like a Sisters of Mercy t-shirt. Gary King would be proud…

5 Likes

A mixtape I did for a contest to play at a local festival.
Did not win.
Starts of slow with ambient, then builds gradually into deep techno.

Wow, did they really call for a long-form submission?

So I fooled around with a simple baseline and sent it through some weird eq and transformers and bbd delays for saturation and crunch and whatnot. The melody is just hopping around octaves and fifths, nothing special but I like it. Don’t really know what to do with it, so I’ll just share it here.

2 Likes

Digitakt on samples from AK and DN, Rytm on Rhythm, and MFB Nanozwerg taking the bass duties. All cruched through the BX-8 because Overhub.

1 Like

Looks a bit like an unsheathed MD if you squint and tilt your head down

2 Likes

all one take from my modular

mangrove, chord v2, microcell, sample drum, voltage block, pams, etc. just a bit of post compression added

thanks for listening :ear:

5 Likes

this thing needs a kick and 909 ride

1 Like

sounds like:

decay and pitch on the bass drum would be fun if but i’m not sure whats possible.
if anyone has a better understanding of 80s analog drum circuits i’d appreciate some direction.

this has been helpful so far: https://helsinkisoundelectronics.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/analog-bass-drum-workshop-updated.pdf

That’s AWESOME! I have been wanting to record to cassette but my Danon tape deck doesn’t have a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: input signal monitor. I could go through the DAW to monitor levels and then back out but I hate when I want to go straight from
A -> B but then I have to go A -> B -> C :weary:
Mild OCD tendencies I guess. Can you recommend a good inexpensive deck that has input monitoring?

Here’s a recent set of our group Metasplice. Its probably the first full length set of ours captured
on quality film. We’ve been using Elektron machines for the past 10 years. We wanted to post this as a way of saying thanks for helping us continue to write music and evolve as a group.

Videography by Yiyang Cao.
Audio recorded by Bob Bellerue.
Edited by James Emrick.

6 Likes

I had to go through all my old stuff on my recent trip back to the UK. I took my childhood toy - Galvatron - back with me along with Super Top Trump packs of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains, and a bunch of my most favourite CD’s. Currently suffering with bad jet lag so I thought I’d share this. So glad to hear the sound still works after all these years!

2 Likes

did a super glamorous gig (Outside local makerspace. in an alleyway. by the bins.) road testing out my live set up this weekend (Digitakt, laptop, DIY MIDI controller, Shruthi, Microgranny, mb6582 DIY SID synth)
here’s 45 seconds of it

2 Likes

Listened to Burial - Untrue for the first time ever (I think). It was awesome and lived up to the recommendations/hype.

9 Likes

Some short late night jams on dn… https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/8/f/8f6cc6c2190d624a7b78c004118884a7855c71ba.mp4

1 Like

Watched “Sorry to bother you” from Boots Riley (The Coup).
What a surprising movie! Loved it!

5 Likes