Share something

Refering to Warp or an artist in particular?

Warp in general, AFX in particular ^^
There’s some mixed influences for sure.

1 Like

My humble contribution to the conversation topic, awesome thread and community here, thanks for sharing very awesome stuff. See ya!

4 Likes

he has some kind of effect going since it sounds more than just natural reverb. nonetheless quite impressive and I haven´t heard anyone mimicking filtering before.

I was think about making my Digitone Keys and Digitakt match the Rytm MK2 / Octatrack. Had my soldering stuff out already so I did a quick 15 minute swap to try it out.

Tested on the Digitakt first. Might need some white LED’s for the scale and chromatic buttons though.

5 Likes

I don’t understand what you did. Can you explain a little bit more?

1 Like

The display is white instead of yellow :slight_smile:

1 Like

So true. And it’s written on the screen.

1 Like

At least it seems natural enough to be hard to notice :wink:

It’s also a crappy picture on my part

4 Likes

Now we’re talking!

1 Like

Very cool. I have two screens waiting for my MD and MNM…but I can’t do it. I wrecked one MD board already.

(Always wondered why they do all the diff screen colours)

1 Like

This is what I use.

Expensive? Yes, but it’s the right tool for the job. Add a little flux, put the tip on, count 2-3 seconds and press the trigger. Sucks all the solder out of the hole.
The part almost falls off the circuit board after.

4 Likes

That is pretty slick.

1 Like

Ya I was looking at one. But my confidence is shattered. Those Elektron screens are in tite. Is the Digi screen pinned like the MD screen? Haven’t looked in the Digis

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the same type of 20pin(not sure the number on the MM) on 2.54mm pins with stand-offs.

1 Like

What would you rate your soldering proficiency level from 1 - 10?

1 Like

gold

4 Likes

That’s hard to say. I mean I have a lot of experience but I’m not going to be #1 in a soldering contest… 7 maybe?

ah…im more like a -1

after practicing removing buttons from an old board, I went for the screen. mistake.

So PCB’s explode into bits when you walk into a room? Tough. You learn from mistakes though.

Another helpful gadget is a stereo microscope (low end AmScope is fine). It really helps to “actually” see what you’re doing.

You can solder without these things but you will do much better at it with them. It takes lots of practice to get really good at it. Like anything really.

1 Like