Share something

8 Likes

Sounds incredible. Imagine her delicately playing away on stage with a mosh pit down below.

1 Like

Harp Bangers.

2 Likes

ah yes, Emily. She’s a riot. I wish she played the harp in a more harp-like way, instead of trying to play it like a guitar. It would have been interesting to hear how that would translate through a massive distortion. It might end up being a big, washy, mess, but I would have signed up for that.

Not my work, but a really great “small synths” version of E2-E4 by Manuel Göttsching.

@Hans_Olo who I think likes this.

3 Likes

Hell yeah, he does. It‘s such a beautiful piece of music. Still gives me goose bumps every time. Great job!

3 Likes

My child’s soul is charred. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
It’s going to be a while before I can look at a used offer again or even crave a rytm.

Just sharing this

A big day for my friend.
His 1st release.
Dog Speed my brother!

1 Like

A stepmother, a cook, a laptop and a dose of inatention 

6 Likes

Not me playing but like this a lot -

2 Likes

Fantastic

The first Drum Machine ever built.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with it?

The 5mm layer of greasy dust that replaces the protective cover 

^^

Well, carefully remove all the encoder caps, the screws, and clean this little beauty!
I did this for a friend that had a Machinedrum way worse than this, it was very impressive to see the aluminium turn from dark brown to grey again!
Now I just realize I actually felt pleasure cleaning his machine from A to Z (even the gust with a toothbrush) and have it running again, 3 days before his gig.
I urged him to get a protective cover. You can print one for 1€ or so, if you find someone that has a printer.

But to come back to your machines, I still don’t get it why you say

Is it related to your laptop butt on fire?

No, no, it’s because I’m looking for an AR and an OT on the second-hand market.
This is the photo of an second hand proposition that I find really traumatic
(and that I didn’t buy).

The funniest with the computer is that my mother-in-law asks me if it is repairable

1 Like

:rofl:

Have you asked her if she has a good insurance?

And otherwise, there are interesting ads on AF. 600€ for an Analog Rytm, that’s impressive.
But you would have to drive a bit ^^
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/groove-machine/elektron/analog-rytm/petites-annonces/

1 Like

All I know is I’d be pretty lukewarm to lend him something 

Quite a few good prices on AF, it’s dropping right now, isn’t it?
I see a lot of ads between 700 and 800 around my home.
There is one in Brussels (+ -2h drive) at € 600 (!) But it is damaged on one side.
The MKIIs are off budget for me at the moment.

Yes, they keep their value rather well.

To come back on the dusty one, if it works pretty well you could still go and see if it’s only dust or also grease. It’s really cleanable, most likely.
Maybe get an even better price because it looks dirty.
The important things are the encoders and the screen: they are the ones to fall first, so IMO it’s the thing to really test. Adn the audio, of course.