Show us the view from your window

6 Likes

What is that place? :open_mouth:

That is the view from our balcony at a resort outside of Orlando, Florida, US known as the Gaylord Palms. The atrium is massive and filled with water features and trees. If I had to guess, I would think the peak of the atrium is in excess of 10 stories in height.

2 Likes

You left your house to go to a resort in FL to celebrate Christmas?

Dude what a view!

1 Like

It was nice. I’m back in the UK now. Looking for a little cottage in the Mendip Hills, so I’ll post a pic once we manage to find something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

View from the window and a couple studio snaps as the new guy here. I’m glad to have found my people! :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

What church is that?

My studio has a door that opens out onto the back yard. This is what awaited me there a few moments ago. Ah, life on the farm. Better wear a hat today!

38 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

Exactly. It’s almost apocalyptic.

2 Likes

That looks like summers in Florida except that would be a cloud of mosquitos and roaches.

2 Likes

Been there a few times, great location.

2 Likes

Clouds are doing weird glitchy waveform simulations today.

18 Likes

Lol. Been having the same situation with this little queen.

(The picture is from April. They cut her hair bc it grows uncomfortably clumpy.)

8 Likes

It looks like rural Leicestershire too, except instead of birds, insects or cockroaches, we’re regularly bombarded by huge swarms of absolutely nothing of any interest happening, ever.

7 Likes

Re: clouds, we had a lot of that yesterday as well.

Did anyone get a chance to see the conjunction last night? We could clearly see the rings of Saturn as well as Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto.

1 Like

The foggy view on the evening after solstice; at least the days are getting longer (planetary conjunction dissolution expected later on the other side of the house)

5 Likes

They really trip me out. Almost like 3d oscilloscope patterns in water vapor…

2 Likes

She’s awesome!

1 Like