Show us your cable mess

Made quite a nice tangle from a small mixer if I do say so myself

10 Likes

Cable mess is one of the primary reasons I got rid of my hardware :joy: drove me up the wall. Probably the closest I’ve ever got to experiencing what OCD sufferers go through

5 Likes

all spaghetti is on the back side of the desk, which is normally not seen.

4 Likes

Not in my studio but from an event I was involved in and also set up the whole thing. We rehearsed the whole week and on the day of the show the venue hired someone to record it so we had to split every channel which ended up in the mess above. Imagine during the show you hear him say „no signal on channel 3, can you check the connections?“

17 Likes

I wish my cables were as tidy… :fearful:

1 Like

I wish my cables were as tidy. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Now then, this is what I need to do at some point

haha sheer terror!

job conditioning in my case.
i work in a datacenter (former ar raid shelter, btw).
so i have my cables tidy enough for easy navigation, but relaxed enough to fix the problems quickly.

5 Likes

About 250 meters of cable. Even if most of them are 3meters or shorter.

Designing a new desk now, so hopefully I’ll get it sorted soon.

10 Likes

Ghost. Nice.

3 Likes

Seconded. Only ever used a Ghost a couple of times.

2 Likes

I’m pretty OCD about music gear, cables included, but I swear they start out relatively tidy then come alive and turn into a snarling mess overnight!

1 Like

Took this photo a year ago.

It’s still there…

25 Likes

Always smushed towards the back, right?

5 Likes

This makes me appreciate only having the OT available while I’m slowly renovating my basement! Headphones, power, and the occasional cable for sampling.

12 Likes

Minimal. I dig it.

1 Like

Class

I’ve often thought of taking out a line of bricks to make a slot for cables to stick into!

1 Like