Show us your gardens!

Yucca/cassava is what boba aka tapioca is made out of btw.

1 Like

20 Likes

Where do you live? I cannot recall if you’ve said. You’re fortunate to have so much space. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Greenhouse 1 by night

7 Likes

France, Pays de la Loire.
Oh yes i’m lucky guy.
10 years ago i was pure urban guy. I decided to leave town an change my nightlife way of living against a place where few humans are settled. Slow rythm and lot of gardening.
At this time, coutry houses and earth were not expensives… so now i can say that i’m fotunate to live here and to design my own country space. Little house, great outspace. No fences, little cattle breeding around, and forest.

10 Likes

That sounds and looks special. Congrats.

3 Likes

Curious what is / how this works!

2 Likes

Not so much a garden as a small farm now

There used to be grass, once upon a time.

Update: Spot the trampoline (it’s too tall for the goats to jump on it)

13 Likes

As a legume, peanut pulls nitrogen from the atmosphere and deposits it into the soil. It does the complete opposite of most plants and creates soil nutrients instead of consuming them. Legumes are a great companion plant or great for rotation with your other plantings.

6 Likes

That’s amazing!

We (or better, my downstairs neighbors) have one small patch of wild flowers growing against our house, might try out!

1 Like

Amaranth might be worth looking into as well. The flowers are pretty and they also produce a grain like food while improving nitrogen in soil.

2 Likes

It’s a super diy simple kind of small patch, so it’s perfect to try one or two things just to experiment. I just read that peanut needs as much sun as possible - which there is only half of the day - so I’ll Google this one too

1 Like

Has anyone grown something that is growing very well only to realize you don’t really like eating it but you like looking at it? I have this really healthy bitter melon plant I started from seed and some bitter melon is nice once and a while but not something I can eat with any frequency and my girlfriend hates it. I’ve been trying to think of someone to give them too without any luck so they just sit here in a basket until the start to go off and are thrown away. I am growing these at my Mom’s place and she despite me telling her a half a dozen times what they are refers to them as “cucumbers with acne”.

2 Likes

Also, there is an amaranth (callaloo) which have really tasty and nutritious leaves. They are common in the cooking of the West Indies.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Cannabis is flowering, had a big stretch right before. Switching to Fox Farm Tiger Bloom now for the buds. Prly will have like 6 oz off this plant, solid gift for friends.

Also, anyone deal with tons of spiders? Normally let them be to deal with other insects but we’ve been overrun lately, to the point you can barely walk around the house without hitting a web. Took out of some garden trash and had giant red welts/bites all over. Prly the fuckin’ hobo or wolf spiders, but maybe black widow?

9 Likes

We have an eggplant problem: Too many eggplants.

10 Likes

Fat beets

13 Likes

Tons of them!

4 Likes

I think I speak for all of us when I say götdammit, Nils.

:see_no_evil:

6 Likes