Show us your gardens!

@LyingDalai if your superhuman strength could please merge the next 20 posts into a thread called five o’clock somewhere, it would really help save @Juniper_Steels lovely gardening thread :pray:

2 Likes

Radishes outside already?

Yeah, they’re fast. They’re ready in about a month. At least the variety we plant, I can’t remember what they’re called…

Did I say tomatoes? I meant, “tomatoes :smirk:

2 Likes

Must not be in a super cold climate I’m guessing. They’d be the first and last thing in my old garden. Quick and hold up strong.

he meant, “tomatoes :smirk:

put the cocktails on stir, I’ma be right thru.

1 Like

Portland, Oregon. It got down into the low-teens this winter for a few days and we lost some landscaping plants. A couple years ago we had a few days of 112-116 degrees in a row, bookended by several hot-but-not-as-hot days and I had sprinklers running for 10-12 hours/day just to keep the plants cool. They thrived in the humid microclimate that created. It was the best season ever.

1 Like

PA here, gardens usually don’t start till Memorial Day to be safe.

2 Likes

[DISCLAIMER: This photo was not staged.]

4 Likes

I’d hope not, it’s five o’clock somewhere

1 Like

haha I recognize that glass! your favorite makes another appearance!

1 Like

RIGHT HERE, it’s five right here!

2 Likes

Yep

Yeah, I call it my “drinkin’ glass.” It’s what I put my drinkin’ drinks in when I feel like drinkin’.

2 Likes

not to confused with your “drunken” glass which displays habitually poor judgement and always feels empty inside.

2 Likes

Mine usually ends up broken on the floor

2 Likes

at least there’s no coffee in it!

2 Likes

Unfortunately there’s no coffee in it!

2 Likes

oh man I’m sorry we need lyingdalai to gracefully merge the ruined part of your lovely thread into something else already tainted so it can gracefully fade into the mist when we’re done emptying our bowels and cups.

2 Likes

@shigginpit how the fuck do you derail threads so seamlessly? I just remembered this is the garden thread…that I started…and yet here we are.

I tip my hat and raise my glass to you good sir.

3 Likes