Show us your gardens!

Cheers to @shigginpit

2 Likes

I yams what I yams.

note: healthy adult.

2 Likes

Last one looks like cat food to me bro, just looking out!

4 Likes

[DISCLAIMER: This photo was not staged.]

2 Likes

Clearly

2 Likes

:cat:

2 Likes

#selfie!

1 Like

The nice spring time is back again.
My garden wakes up, so happy to see the green and the colored flowers back

16 Likes

And now, the future garden

5 Likes

What a beautiful place :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thanks, lot of work. When we settled here it was just a flat potatoes land and Apple trees.
No grass, no cabanes. It was kind of sad place.
But now, that’s our thebaïd.

1 Like

Yea, I love Baker Creek… sometimes I stay up late at night scrolling through their seeds. I probably order 75% of my seeds from them but for tomatoes I like this place if you don’t know about them already:

Do you grow corn btw? I planted a small patch of some old variety just to see how it does but also sowed some pole beans in the same patch so they can trellis up the stalks. Wondering which will grow faster as I put both in the ground at the same time.

1 Like

I’m not sure about their respective growth rates. We tried corn once, but it was a hot year and corn requires a lot of water and nitrogen which we failed to sufficiently provide. I’ve heard of the bean-corn thing and am curious to try it myself.

2 Likes

Yea… the benefit of planting the beans with the corn is that it fixes the nitrogen in the soil, as you probably already know. I’m trying the same thing with my okra which might be more successful considering a few of my plants last summer grew over 10 feet. Since I grew beans in that patch the previous year hopefully the nitrogen is already sufficient but I’m still waiting to get my soil tests back…

1 Like

Corn needs 10-10-10 and is thirsty.

1 Like

For anyone planting tomatoes and haven’t put them in the ground yet I found this formula which really gives them a kick in the keister.

1 part bonemeal
1 part cornmeal
1/2 part Epsom salts
1/2 part powdered milk

Put 1/2 a cup of this in the bottom of the hole but make sure it’s well covered as it can attract muskrats and such.

2 Likes

11 Likes

lovely.

2 Likes

It grows !

9 Likes

Thank you for reminding me that I have already put my basil in my garden, stupid me :wink:

1 Like