Show us your gardens!

@cyclyk : It depend from your geographical localisation.
Here, it’s better waiting untill 13 may.
If you are on northern places, hope the weather will be mild :crossed_fingers:

Tree peony and on its left, rhubarb

10 Likes

Yeah yeah, I know , “les Saints de glace”… so, “stupid me”…
You have a beautiful savage (and green) garden, good work!

1 Like

I’m just impressed you said keister.

3 Likes

Have a fuckton of work to do, but this is my crusty-ass garden. I have about 6 stumps to dig up first but after that I’ll build a fence to hide my neighbor’s yard because we have huge sliding glass windows in our dining/living room. Also you can see right into the house from the street.

6 Likes

Certainly shows potential. Bamboo grows fast, can you increase the density of the bamboo there as opposed to the fence or am I not seeing the angle of the problem?

I wanted to stand out from all the people here who say “tuchus” .

1 Like

Lovely gardens that you guys are posting! I’m impressed and hope I’ll manage to have a garden like that one day.
Here’s my feeble attempt at recreating a bit of garden atmosphere in my flat: (Sorry for the crappy photo)

11 Likes

I’m about to buy a palm again, but I see yours and remember why, because I can never keep them alive :grin:

2 Likes

Hehe it’s actually a rescue palm from the Elektron HQ that I try to get surviving. Not really easy… :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve never found the right balance of light, water, and feeding. I kept one alive longer by misting it everyday, but then life got in the way and goodbye leaves.

1 Like

I know the feeling. I’ve tried to to move this poor fella around to see if I can find a spot that it really likes, but no great luck so far. Please tell if you find the perfect recipe!

3 Likes

Got my last seed shipment for the season (yea right!) and discovered a single salisfy which I somehow missed pulling this winter but all that time in the ground didn’t help it grow much :neutral_face:

@Juniper_Steels I wish Baker St. would let you choose what free seeds you want as they are always sending me crap I’m not really interested in.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’d be nice. We’ve had mixed results with the freebies. I see you’ve got some txoritxero pepper seeds. This is our second year growing those, they’re good. We’re also growing some really hot bastards but they require a warm and long growing season here in Oregon which can be hit-or-miss.

2 Likes

Oh! I had no idea this thread existed. I kind of live in a garden. Nothing to eat. Just lots of interesting plants that have found their way here. I also take lots of pictures of of them, so I now have somewhere to share. Enjoying going through the previous posts. Wow!

12 Likes

I grew them last year as well but lost a lot of my seedlings by putting them out too early, I dried most of mine… have you tried over-wintering any of your pepper plants? I got a couple to produce two years in a row. I prune the umnisht out of them before taking them inside.

1 Like

We don’t really have room in our small house for them and one of our cats would probably just try to eat the plants anyway. We have a greenhouse but it’s too large to effectively keep heated through the winter months.

2 Likes

11 Likes

My garden was my studio today

12 Likes

Currently building a decking in mine… what a pain in the arse! So much so I’m now convinced my house isn’t even built level…

2 Likes