Show us your Rack! 19 inch format love

I went from no rack to a full rack almost instantly. Need to get used to the new layout of most of my gear but having the desk almost free now is very pleasing already.

9 Likes

Sexy sliding shelf action!

This thread inspired me for it, some very nice examples in here.

1 Like

Is the patchbay mainly just for easier access to the StudioLive outs? I’m guessing you are also using the StudioLive as a digital patchbay?

The patchbay is for FX chain routing only since I don’t have any outputs left on the SL 32. Besides that everything else gets routed within the SL32.

1 Like

25 Likes

nice racks. lot’ of gems in there. how do you program those? are you using editor/librarian software?

I’m in the process of programming my Electra one controller for all of them. Which will probably take a while.

4 Likes

Hot damn.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hell yeah! Fellow MV owner, sweet. Were you able to get the rack ears from Roland or did you make them/have them made? Loads of goodies in those racks.

The mv rack ears are the same as the vs2400 rack ears. They usually are sold as being for the 2400. I had to lurk eBay for 18 months to find them. My mv screen has gone a little funny since going in the rack. I’m about to take it out and replace it with a hydra synth and behringer x32.

1 Like

Not mine, but just wanted to share the MKS love… 20, 30, 50, 70, 80
Imgur

10 Likes

Looking into a 1u rack case/box to put under my modular and level up with speakers. Probably for a decent compressor when I can afford it. Something similar to the link but in black/steel. Anyone have any recommends? I’ve seen the 2u Millennium boxes & Thon studio cases at Thomann which look close. Maybe I should get 2u as 1u not that common. I could get a patchbay in there too then!

?

2 Likes

God I miss my dp/4s

Although I love the looks of 19" racks, how do you program that Hydra? Hunched down or sitting on the floor? I’m too old for both.
I would need a tilted rack, or a desktop rack which kind of beats the purpose :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Currently I‘m squating/sitting on a foam roller but it definitely isn’t ideal, I might get another sliding shelf for it. Was also thinking about raising the whole rack a bit so it’s not as low but then the gear on top would be too high. Guess the perfect setup just doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Something like this would be great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdUjsUf-U48
Have been reluctant to give this DIY a try so far though. It would probably end up more like something from “Nailed It!”.

I love this thread, thanks for the 19" inspo. I’m a newbie to the format but am thinking of putting a sliding tray on the bottom of my portable 8U rack, and putting a DT and DN combo there. It would be cool if I could put the case on a table, and then slide the tray out at a downward angle via a rear hinge to rest on the table, putting the DT/DN at an ergonomic angle to “type” on. I haven’t really found anything like that, but I’m guessing some kind of keyboard tray would be best.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has done anything like that, with a dt/dn or OT on a sliding tray, and if it holds the weight well while programming beats. Similar to that sick @IMA_JRK setup. Sorry if this is not the place for advice.

3 Likes

Noob question on racks and effects chains in general.
How do you run a synth into multiple different effects and is there a general rule of thumb when it comes to the order of those effects?
Hope I’ve worded that in English
Thanks