Show us your Rack! 19 inch format love

Fine…lemme get my camera….just don’t tell the wife I posed….

1 Like

new rack case came in yesterday. still figuring out the layout. ran out of room for my Tascam 424, kinda wishing i bought a bigger table to fit it all

10 Likes

Nice overstayer.

I could handle patching organization when it came to logical data centers but never did enjoy it enough with creative uses. The additional cables and overhead made me batty.

2 Likes

My rack gear is spread all over the room at the moment, with a bunch of stuff not connected.

Looking to move this year into a larger space and trying to work out what will stay, go and fit.
I build a rack plan layout in adobe inpotato, though its going to require some patch bays, or an additional SD32 as I currently only have 32 channels to play with and there are a bunch of desktop/keyboard sound makers to fit as well, or else a cull.
The plan is something like the below, with 3 sound maker columns and one mixer/fx column. Most important is toto have all the fx and compressors on sends and on call. Some stuff will have to go.

9 Likes

That’s some serious gear there. I’ve owned many of the same instruments over the years.
That will be a beautiful site to see once you make it a reality. A synth-head after my own heart…

1 Like

Cheers. I have always had a soft spot for the 90’s digital gear… a real melting pot “anything goes” period for electronic music.

3 Likes

I was gonna circle some stuff that you DEF DONT NEED, and was going to say “DM me”, but this now became a list of what needs to be added:

• DP/4
  • Akai s3200
  • something emu zplane featured
  • stereo Sherman filterbank
  • akai mfc42
  • Tascam 112 or similar
  • another dp/4
  • and yet another dp/4
  • THIS THING
  • Korg Triton Rack

Bonus gear:

Let me know when you acquire the above and will part with it :wink: Super cheap of course….

4 Likes

Cheeky! Of all the stuff I regret moving on, the DP4 is up there. Swapped it for the Niio, so it was a fair trade. Seriously, same goes back, if you ever get one and decide to sell it cheap + cover shipping halfway around the globe…

And I’'ll raise your “Axxent MS-100 intercom station” and propose a rack mount fridge.
13-024_01

Well I collect meme gear, so thanks….wifey gonna wonder why a fridge shows up……
Now I just have to sort my rack gear by heat sensitivity

Wow. That’s gonna be like a life-size, physical version of Reason.

4 Likes

And truth. I mis my dp/4s as well

1 Like

You speak truth re rack heat management, irregardless of kitchen appliances.

If one could only press “TAB” to flip the rack and sort cabling.

1 Like

If reason was smart, they’d just put a patchbay in the rack instead of this cool “tab” thing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Touché.

Maybe one day you can educate on how yours is set up. Genuinely interested.

This the type of post that makes me stare at my phone in a way that my wife thinks I’m looking at adult stuff. She seems disappointed to see it’s just a bunch of rectangular boxes.

4 Likes

It works!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Dxr-XF7HUpU

6 Likes

That’s a fine rack there.

2 Likes

not finished, it still needs some work

7 Likes

I really like the look of that angled rack. Is that the “Fin” model shown on the Wavebone web site? How is the build quality? I don’t suppose the angling would work with a drawer at the bottom, would it?