Show us your Rack! 19 inch format love

I wish there was a sliding shelf where I didn’t need a rear rack installed. I also have an edirol sd-80 which I have not mounted due to being 1/2 width

6 Likes

Eventide Eclipse joins the rack

16 Likes

No E-Mu Morpheus Z-planes up in here?

1 Like

Downstairs in the practice / recording space, we haven’t integrated much of this into the chain yet, beyond the Apollo for tracking (I have a little SOLO/610 pre on top of my guitar amp on the other side of the room too), but it’s the piano/synth dude’s setup that he brought over when we moved over here:

Upstairs where we mix and do some overdubs, it’s my house so my little soundlab for non-band work is up here, so I really don’t want to move stuff around and back and forth:

8 Likes

Are those Klark Technik Pultek clones anygood? Considering buying a pair but wondering if I’m better off saving for something higher end.

1 Like

No idea! I was just texting my bandmate about maybe integrating those on some of the drums since a few plug-in settings seem sort of consistently applied. He sure seems to love them. For me, I’m not as big on outboard EQ as I feel like that’s something I’m more OK with using plugins, but - if we have them, might as well explore the possibility.

How much did it set you back? :money_with_wings:

No worries. They sure do look nice and knobby, wondering if they feel good.

950€, not crazy good price but fair I think.

With 3D printed Jomox an Future Retro rack mounts

7 Likes

Just realised that I can now join this thread, wahey!

Clarett 8pre as master interface, MOTU as ADAT slave, BBE Sonic Maximiser because I have no shame and Virus TI2 because I have the space. Want an SSL Fusion and a Waldorf Rack Attack, will need a bigger rack or to split out synths from effects.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Ooooh that’s cool. Will the 888 ones fit an Alpha Base?

Probably i think.

1 Like

my Virus C rack XL just stopped making sound. I think I want to cry.

2 Likes

Open it up and look for any capacitors that have had a few too many big macs. A competent tech should be able to recap in an hour or less, and it’s not a challenging DIY job if you know how to identify and be safe around the power supply.

3 Likes

Great thread and I’m envious of some of the nice rack setups shown here!

For the real rack obsessives - how about showing us some your back of rack cable management!

You’ll have better luck asking for nudes than see that cable managing embarrassment.

2 Likes

If you play your cards right, you could end up with both.

2 Likes

:laughing:
How are else are we gonna know who the real pros are!