Simple LFO help on 20 ambient sample

Hello,

I’m quite new to sampling and using LFO’s on the Digitakt. I have recorded a nice 20 second ambient sound (I wish it could have been 40) that I have on a loop, but I’d like it to play randomly at different starting points for a 10 seconds or so and backwards or forwards, but can’t quite figure this out yet as it seems to play outside the start or end of the recording at times (silence) if that makes sense.

I basically want to make this ambient sample do it’s own lush thing and play parts of it for 5-10 seconds it reverse or forward within the sample and not go outside as cause silence.

This are my 2 LFOs, what could be right or tweaked do you think?

I’d use conditional trigs , you’ll have more control on start / loop points … and can also set up backwards playback.

Set a trig for sample start point and condition 1:4 ( for example ).
Learn how to use trigless trigs.

You could use an lfo … just set it to sample start point , dial up depth ( that’ll determine how far into the sample the lfo extends )and add trigs in your sequences.
I’m sure there are many lfo examples on YouTube and on here.

Set the sample to loop / ping pong playback and it won’t go silent

1 Like

Or… for sample start : You could change the MODE for step-trigered (starting from the end, it’s the third one, with the square wave and a triangle). Then add ayellow trig where you might want the sample to switch direction.