Small, one knob per function poly synth

My midi keyboard has died so I’ve decided to replace it with a small polysynth. It needs to be one knob per function and a small footprint. I will be using it with my DAW and would really like to be able to dial in sounds quickly so that it can be my workhorse synth for getting ideas down fast. The last couple of years has seen a lot of new synths released and so I want to make sure I don’t miss anything. The monologue XD and microfreak have caught my eye and ate the kind of size I’m looking at (so things like the Nord lead etc. are a bit too big). Any other suggestions?

Roland System-1 if you are ok with shallow keybed.

1 Like

I just wish the aira range wasn’t so ugly…

2 Likes

Keys on the System-1 are horrible imho…

I don’t know…Virus Indigo, Virus TI-Polar?

1 Like

I really like my Roland Jupiter-Xm for the needs you describe, but perhaps it’s too big or the keys will be too small for what you want.

1 Like

I have a virus polar but it’s packed away at the minute. It’s a little bit too big and I got fed up of the menu diving (for now).

1 Like

How about:

• Novation Peak
  • Waldorf Blofeld
  • Access Virus Ti2
  • Behringer Deepmind 6
  • Yamaha Reface Series
  • Modal Argon8
  • ASM Hydrasynth

(Personally I would go for the Minilogue XD…)

2 Likes

Sounds like the Reface CS would be ideal for you.

2 Likes

Was about to say the same!

1 Like

XD is fire.

If you don’t mind small keys, the Roland JU-06A or SH-01A are great. Maybe even the SE-02 if monophonic analog appeals more. Of course you’ll need to get the K25M keyboard for your needs too.

Modor NF-1 a odd creature…
Not so small but has a awesome interface. Almost everything is 1 knob per function.