Snapshots for working in different BPMs.Would this work?

One of the restrictions found working with the MDUW+ is that a snapshot is confined to a specific BPM. So if you make a pattern say G6 at 150 bpm, then start another pattern G7 of a different bpm (say 120), your original pattern G6 is now at 120bpm. I’m pretty new with the machine, so I didn’t think of this till now, but different snapshots can have different global BPM settings because song mode is unique to each snapshot. Is this correct?
Thanks.

Sounds right to me. Just getting into Song Mode myself.

Yes, and you can also set a specific tempo for each Song in a given snapshot.

1 Like

Yeah but I wouldn’t use snapshots in that way. I would either use song mode or have some ‘transitional’ patterns (or just a lot of muting) where you could manually change the BPM.

The main reason I wouldn’t use snapshots in that way is that changing snapshots is not instant, unlike changing patterns. Not very good for live use.

Meanwhile, you can have multiple songs within each snapshot. And within song mode, you can change BPM at any measure within the song mode. So you can have the same pattern play at different BPMs in different songs, or even within the same song, within the same snapshot.

2 Likes

Ah, ok,thanks.

1 Like

Yea I just eventually got into the habit of using song mode to save patterns…kind of encourages you to flesh it out a bit more too which is really handy.

2 Likes

this

save my tracks/songs using rytm’s and mnm’s songmode, and then just change the bpm manually.

1 Like

Yeah, after trying songmode. It seems like it’s the best course of action. I’m also into the habit of saving kit names with a BPM.

2 Likes

Saving songs is a bit better since you might use the same kit on different tracks.

1 Like