So, I want a dedicated bass synth

I recently find the Digitakt make serious bassline.
-Really simple sound design but with some good stuff like filter envelope, 2 lfo, and of course PLock
-Unlimited type of bass sound with the right samples.
-Stack tracks for massive basslines.
-Sound coming out of the Digitakt is so punchy af.
-Everyone already have a dusty Digitakt on his desktop. - no more GAS.

7 Likes

Iā€™m curious how the minotaur compares to the minimoog for bass dutiesā€¦ Iā€™ve never tried a Minotaur before.

Future Retro 777 ā€” It is going back into production again this year.

4 Likes

They have a different sound but both moogy of course. The Minitaur is modeled after the Moog Taurus bass pedal synth.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a Model D and a Minitaur. I think the Minitaur is great for bass.

1 Like

Rad! Not 1:1, but certainly should be nice option for someone who wants a tweaked acid box and wasnā€™t able to get into the final Avalon batch. If I hadnā€™t dropped on that Iā€™d definitely be drooling over this.

2 Likes

Well if you ever get a chance I would love to hear a little comparison. I love the minimoog for base, but the Minotaur oscillators have note sync which is something I miss on the minimoog sometimes.

1 Like

Can anyone here recommend someone in NYC to fix a mono lancet?

Yes bass on this one are awesome, I think itā€™s due to the single oscillator, beyond its specs thereā€™s no risk of phase cancellation .

1 Like

Good point! And with the mono output, there is no temptation to go stereo. Which is actually a good thing when it comes to bass :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely, also the pwm has something different than the others mono I tried ( not a lot other monos that said ).

1 Like

Well, things truly are subjective. The BS2 is the least playful and exciting of my synths, itā€™s just something that gets the job done.

I had the most fun with my bs2 sequencing it from Ableton. Loved the filter, overdrive, distortion, and ring mod. Ended up replacing it with the Erica DB-01 for internal sequencing - couldnā€™t give up the giant filter knob :grinning:

Intellijel Atlantis is great.

Magella Implexus is overkill but also fantastic.

What is up with this price?!

2 Likes

I seemed to get the last ā€œnewā€ one from DV247 Musicstore before Christmas, so I knew prices were a bit silly butā€¦

2 Likes

Oh, so you only paid 10k? :wink:

1 Like

yeah, I only had to sell some very minor internal organs.

3 Likes