Softube Model 82 (SH-101 Emulation)

Anyone compare this and the Model 84 to the corresponding Tal offerings?

Bought it. Love the sound. However, the plugin doesn’t reinstantiate itself correctly in Bitwig which is apparently not one of the platforms Softube tests on… :frowning:

I own all of them.
To my ear and feeling, the softube offerings have a certain weight and substance to the sound, that the TAL instruments lack.
They sound also great but in comparison I prefer softube. There is something in the sound that really convinces

I never touched the originals though, but tried most emulations

3 Likes

Yes

What’s really great about the Softube synths is if you own their Modular it’s really like getting two synths for one since you get the individual modules as well. Modular can be CPU heavy and glitchy at times (for me), but overall sounds really nice. I also really like VCV rack just for the sheer variety of modules available, not to mention so many being free, but IMO Softube modular often stands out sound wise when using some of their ‘model’ modules in even a fairly basic modular patch. It’s a lot of fun to mix/match OSC’s, filters and FX from the recent synth releases.

Edit: @Airyck posted the video showing the modules. I managed to gloss over that. :laughing:

2 Likes

i finally bought it… though i instantly hate ilok/soft tube
when i load up ableton additional windows appear that i have to click through.
and theyre SSLLOOW.
why cant they just do nothing or make white noise IF i use them… i dont want those screens.

great at emulation … suck at user experience/ ilok.

also bought modeselektor ableton pack as the discount ends today.

1 Like

I believe that only happens the first time. Yes Ilok is kind of a pain. Once it’s registered and working you kind of forget all about it though.

I have an actual ilok physical key BTW, not sure if it’s different for computer licenses. I wouldn’t want the physical key on a laptop though that’s for sure.

1 Like

Can you buy Modular later and then still get the individual modules for previously bought synths, or do you need to buy Modular first?

You don’t have to have Modular first. You get the modules for anything that has them. So if you own this synth license and then buy modular later you’ll still have these modules available immediately.

Obviously you need modular to use them like that though.

I never quite get the hate against iLok. I use the cloud and computer licenses only and I find it super convenient, register once and be done with it. No phoning home, no reregister after 3 months or log in to your user account. I’ve also never experienced any performance issues through it, but maybe I’ve just been lucky so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i think it just appears for each plugin that has expired or in demo /trial period.
I’ll hunt them down and delete them.

2 Likes

anyone also having that the plugin saves different settings in live11?

Like decay at 70% instead of 15%

I haven’t had chance to use it recently. I’d report it if you can reproduce it.

anyone having lines problems with m1 Mac?

softube central doesn’t seem to work

I contacted support a few weeks ago but it not that fruitful