Softube Model 82 (SH-101 Emulation)

Softube’s Model XX emulations have been the best of the best IMO. The Model 72 and Model 84 are both the best Model D and Juno 106 emulations to date to me. I was really blown away by the Model 84 and and ended up getting the Model 72 as well.

Now today I noticed they have a Model 82! (101 <3).

I download the demo and did a comparison with my MS-101. I specifically tried out the Pulse Width modulation and was playing the same note back and forth and It was almost exactly the same.

Anyway, You can decide for yourself. They may be late to the party with these but I think they’re worth checking out if you haven’t.

And Modular

6 Likes

Awesome!! Was waiting for this. The Model 84 is the best sounding VA I know.
Even better than Repro imo

2 Likes

Try code ‘raveandsave’ and it’s a bit cheaper I think. ( it was posted on gearspace yesterday )

2 Likes

it‘s 59 instead of 99 euros with the promo. The code is valid for one month

1 Like
2 Likes

Softube did a really good job on all of these!
Every time we think software is “almost there” someone does it even better, like Softube here.

I really do think they’ve capture some analog mojo with these though. They are the closest yet IMO. I agree that they are better than even the U-he stuff.

Now everyone else has some catching up to do :slight_smile:

Are they well-optimized? The Softube Modular stuff is all but unusable. Their EQs and compressors work well though.

Time for new cpu / ram etc.

I’ll probably buy this … I have lush but prefer the simpler ui.
I also have Roland 101 plug out and tal bassline.
I almost bought their 106 plug-in too. It’s so easy to spend £££££

1 Like

yes they are.
I have a 2015 macbook pro and while Softube Modular eats its cpu, model 72 and 84 run in several instances, without problems. And they sound even better.

They should overhaul modular, it’s barely usable. Btw you get the single modules from model72 and 84 for modular as a bonus. And they run fine there as well

2 Likes
2 Likes

I haven’t given them a full run down but I only saw 2-3% CPU usage when testing it out. It seems pretty lightweight to me when it comes to CPU usage.

I think you’d be fine (you can always try the demo).

1 Like

I’m going to add this one to the top post because it’s much better than the first one I found (no offense to the original video guy).

Also added a modular video showing how you could make a polyphonic version or anything really.

2 Likes

Just bought it. Sounds amazing!!
Made a few quick demos of some beloved songs :slight_smile: Don’t claim them to be accurate, I just grabbed some midi files and tried to get in the ballpark with the sounds.

9 Likes

Use the sub oscillator on its own.
:slight_smile:

For what?
Generally? :wink:

Noice.

1 Like

just bought it on the back of your guys’ samples & opinions lol, looking forward to trying it out later on tonight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This thread made me check out Model 82 and 84. First thought was, damn I hate these kind of GUIs, but minutes into playing them and I no longer cared.

Bought Model 84 soon after comparing with my JU-06 and preferring the former, and will probably grab 82 as well since it sounds spot on with my SH-01A.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t usually make a thread about software instruments, but these are something else! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Got it and love it. Between this and their Juno if you can’t make a house record with these, I am sorry.

2 Likes