Software Editor/Librarian

I’d like to hear about any existing or upcoming software editors for the MD - reviews, opinions, etc. I know that the idea with the MD is to avoid the computer and keep it all hands-on. I like that too but I’d like to have the option and in particular, the ability to build sequences on the computer and transfer them to the MD.

I’d love an editor to keep/sort my drum sounds and kits but programming sequences on the MD is so fun. You mean for arranging songs?

hi try empty magic is a freeware editor for md.

Yes… an editor for song arrangement. The MD is great at pattern sequencing. Of course, I guess there no reason why I can’t use program changes to accomplish this in a software sequencer, but something dedicated would be nice.

OK… looks interesting… Don’t think it accesses song arrangement, but I’m downloading the demo now. Thanks.

Can you save patterns with this one ?

I was trying to find something myself, and came across a youtube demo of ‘MDedit’ which looked pretty decent.

The clip was 7 years old though - anyone any idea what happened to it?

I checked out Empty Magic, looks great. Is there any kind of librarian software - something that will let you quickly organise snapshots e.g. copy a whole load of kits from snapshot to snapshot?

Might check out some of the links here.

I checked out Empty Magic, looks great. Is there any kind of librarian software - something that will let you quickly organise snapshots e.g. copy a whole load of kits from snapshot to snapshot?

I never got very far with Empty Magic, but this thread might help. For background [url=“http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=99815&catid=9&limit=10&limitstart=0”]try this as well.

Cheers for the links. All the download links were dead - not surprising from 7 years ago!

Shame, it looked really good. Seems to have just disappeared…

Why don’t you just record Midi sequences on the computer and then activate real time rec and switch through a series of empty 4-bar loops on the MD? It’s that simple, except p-locks, but you can add those later on.