Solid State Logic UF8

I had a Logic Control back in the day. I still miss it sometimes. But this is enough to make me want to use a DAW again. The “focus” mode for the encoder is smart. And those faders look fast

4 Likes

Are you using a trackball or faders now to handle your mixes ? I noticed that for rough mixes my trackball is fine. I have a console 1, but I use that at the end to polish my levels.

I preordered. I’ve been trying to find a good DAW controller solution lately. I tried the Faderport 1 & Console Fader but didn’t find either particularly compelling so I returned both. The SSL Six is one of the best pieces of my hardware setup and is the only other thing on my main desk besides my computer so this’ll fit right into the family.

Damn, I wish! maybe in 10 years when covid goes away… Though it’s kind of hard to see this and not picture all the last gen (10-15 year old) DAW mix controllers I always see collecting dust on Craigslist.

1 Like

What is a touch-senstive fader?

From the user guide:

Touching a single fader will cause the LowLCD area to display a fader dB
readout, instead of the V-Pot parameter readout

LowLCD - Displays a label or value readout for the parameter currently assigned to the V-Pot, unless a fader is moved, in which case the fader dB value is shown.

2 Likes

Ah thank you, so it disengages the motor when you touch it. Makes sense.

1 Like

Looks nice. But not sure what this would give that other faders that use the mackie protocol cant.

After watching several YT videos, I’m really impressed with this box. I can also source it locally, which is unusual for my situation. I’m tempted to do more ITB stuff just to take advantage of it, but at this size and the need to keep it front and center, I’d have to swap out half my regular setup.

1 Like

How y’all liking this after a few months? Thinking about this or SiX or console 1 fader for “mix fun” w ableton :slight_smile:

Anyone ever try this with bitwig by any chance? Does it work half-way decent?

2 Likes

I’m also wondering how people here are finding this long term?

1 Like