Solved: A4, not pairing in Ableton

It works perfect in standalone, but in Ableton I get this message, at the bottom of the A4 plugin

“The paired device has an incompatible OS version, Please shut down your Daw and update the Overbridge to a later version”

I tried to install an older version, no luck, also when I did my Digitone & Digitakt, would not work so I went back to the recent version of OB,

I found the problem, is when I updated OB, and installed the latest plugin for A4, is that it installed the new .dll, into the Steinberg/VSTs… folder, So when I used it in Ableton it was using the old .dll of the plugin. so I copied the new .dll and replaced it in my Ableton folder were all my .dll are kept for my VSTs,

Working Now, it may help someone

2 Likes

yeah its really easy. Find the Steinberg folder on your PC/MAC. On windows it is usually under ProgramFiles. Then you should have located within the Steinberg folder, 6 .dll files. Copy them.
Now you must locate your Ableton file. Mine is under ProgramData -> Ableton and find the VST2 folder there. Now you must replace those VSTs with the ones you just copied from the Steinberg folder :slight_smile:

1 Like