[SOLVED] Any way to really hard-reset the Rytm (OB stuck measuring)?

Good question.
But i remember that in a previous attempt, i tried older versions of OB only and it didn’t work out.

Going back to Rytm 1.50A might be the thing that does the trick. I moved back to 1.50A, moved to current latest firmware and then loaded OB 2.0.60 and I’m now on idle. Rytm complained that NVRAM was bad when I went back to older version. It might have cleared any settings on there due to version incompatibilities and thinking that the NVRAM was bad.

Not yet definitive, and I’ve yet to go to updated OB. Doing that now…

Yes!!! That’s done it!!!

A bit difficult to track, but I think it was the going back to really old 1.50A and then to newer firmware which cleared it. If so, it’s storage on the unit which was causing the blockage - possibly.

One note though, when I went back to old 1.50A, I had to use my old MacBook with High Sierra to re-program new firmware.

To prove this, I could now connect my new MacBook, which hasn’t changed at all.

Yes - MacBook Pro, running Ventura 13.0.1 is now working!

So, my theory about it being a device hosted setup seems to be valid.

Thanks for the older versions! Couldn’t have gotten to grips with this without. :+1:

Informing Elektron support…

Hopefully, if someone else hits the same problem, they’ll find this post.

YAY!

fantastic news!!
I’m glad i could help with those versions - finding your post yesterday really motivated me to go back into that topic again and try everything possible with my basic knowledge. so glad i kept all these versions over the years.
All in all it took only 4months to solve this riddle hahaha.

Let’s get back into the RYTM now :wink:

1 Like

This might also tie-in with the fix that some have posted for similar problems - use a different USB port on the host Mac/PC. Each USB port could have a different ID, so any table built in the Rytm might have bad data relating to 1 or more USB ports, but fresh connections are OK.

A mechanism to clear that data might be really useful - if my hypothesis is correct of course.

1 Like

Hey just thought I’d say this worked for me as well.

Just upgraded to an M2 Pro MacBook from an intel Mac and was having this problem also, so was my A4 MK1. Only one machine could run at a time and the other would be stuck on ‘measuring’.

I was only able to downgrade/upgrade the AR but it seems to have fixed everything.

Weirdly, I have a DN which didn’t have any issues at all. I wonder if its something to do with it being class compliant but who knows.

Thanks for the help.

Update: Never mind it’s started doing it again after working for about 20 mins or so. It’s actually dropping in and out this time. I’ve raised a ticket with support so we’ll see where it goes.

Shouldn’t have to do all the work-arounds now. The latest Overbridge is meant to fix the issues.

Have the same issue with DT too. It’s an OB Problem