[SOLVED] Windows: OB will not recognize my ST in OB mode, but will in midi/ audio modes

Hi all,

Fixed! See below for the answer.

I’ve tried more or less everything. I installed the newest version of OB to the default location. It worked but then I decided I wanted to install the VSTs in my custom VST folder so I could use it with my DAW. I uninstalled, restarted my computer, reinstalled… and now OB Engine will not recognize my Syntakt in OB mode, but will recognize it in USB Midi and USB Audio In/Out modes. I’ve uninstalled, restarted my computer, reinstalled to the default location and restarted again probably 5 times now. I’ve made sure the ST is unplugged while installing. I’ve changed USB cables. I’ve changed ports. I’m completely out of ideas and extremely frustrated. Quite frankly, I might send the device back if I can’t get OB to work as it was one of the primary draws over a more traditional drum machine. This is extremely frustrating because it worked for like 5 minutes

The only other thing I can think of is that somewhere in there I updated the ST firmware to 1.01 and that broke OB connectivity? But that seems unlikely.

Edit: I booted it up in test mode and ran the Trig Key 1 test. No errors. However, when I booted into my project and went into the System> USB Config menu, I got an error message. Performing a factory reset seemed to fix this. It did not, however fix my OB issue.

Edit 2: Here was the fix from Elektron support:

1. Power off the Elektron device and disconnect it from the computer.
  2. Go to Windows Device Manager.
  3. Expand every category.
  4. Go to the top View menu and press on Show hidden devices.
  5. Where you see the Elektron device, right-click and press Uninstall device.
  6. Connect the Elektron device to your computer and power it on.